Speakers to match GC??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've been lurking around the forum for just a couple of days gathering information on GC's, so hopefully my questions aren't too stupid...

First, I'm curious if anyone can recommend some DIY speakers that would suit the GC. Preferabley small standtop types. Not small on the scale of bose cubes, but something to match the small, minimalist style of the gainclone and with suitable effieciency as most reviews seem to lean towards.

Is it even possable to have high efficiency speakers in a small package (what dictates the efficiency, is it the driver itself, or mostly the box??).

One other question from looking at pictures of various gainclones; what is the benifit of the very long connecting rod for the stepped attenuator often used (esp buy those closely following the original case style)? Why not just make the case smaller rather than using such a long rod? Is it somehow better to have all this empty space at the front of the box...

Thanks,
MZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.