Do you know how to put many low power amps and add their power?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not know, but in Radio frequency this is possible and used in many hy power transmitters...using 100W modules, 160 modules in parallell , but use some type off transformer to add those power... I heard about that, but could not see them working, and see how they coupled...may be coils over magnetic core....was in one Marconi TV power Transmitter i suppose, not sure about the name....in this TV station, one 10 KW Marconi tube transmitter is already working in Stand by mode, to emergency.... i prefer when emergency happens...image better! but the Marconi remember a train Waggon, related the size.

Long time ago i bougth a lot of audio chips to Radio Amateur transceivers.... the one was very cheap price those times...i have 32 units, brand new... all them 5 clean RMS power, and can go to 8 watts with reasonable distortion. Those days, the transceiver that used those chips already damaged, all them junk... this way, no reason to maintain those chips on my personnal stock.

All them good sounding chips, this way i was thinking if someone can suggest some way to make them work together... some adding transformer or other way to increase the power using only one output, the added power result in that output.

Please, any suggestion is welcome....if chip is not our subject, imagine that i have 32 audio amplifiers with some inverted input too... alike our differential input amplifiers.

thank you in advance the kindness.

Carlos

You don't want to invade Brazil. Walking across a desert landscape is one thing but a jungle is quite another. Just ask Ferdinand DeLessops.

As Carlos has clearly been smoking rain forest plants again I feel I can offer a possible but possibly impractical answer. Adding voltages together is pretty tricky but adding currents is easy. How about tying the outputs of lots of low power transconductance amps together? To address the variation in speaker Z put a 0.1-ohm resistor across the speaker.

Hey trady, i think you used a lot of strange words...yeaahhh maybe not good words.

Those transconductance remember me protude interpenetrance.... i do not know what you mean...ahahahah

Mr. Fitzpatrick, you know i like you very much... since the protude element i asked you to put under your motorcicle seat cushion....this way Fritz!... as i am in a good mood... i will show you one way to see heaven!.... some Nirvana Feeling to you.... going near the most elevated feelings on earth!

But you have to follow my advise and informs correlated..... make a circle..... to limit your dance...the game is dancing.....hehehe.... and always turning...but before...you have to make holes on earth to put long bottles....loooog bottles with the neck pointing the skies....... and you will drink one complete glass of a good wiskie....Yeahhhhh goood that.... bottles will be spaced 6 inches one each other.... this way i will put good music and you will start dancing, always turning, and turning.....will be good Nirvana!..... make you will fall down... do not worry....hehe....be happy!

regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos

So your goal is to use many small amps to make one big one. Why not just use many small amps. Just use many small speakers. This gives you more options when equalizing and distributing the sound accross a room anyway. It is not that more expensive, maybe cheaper, just requires more wiring.:D
You can use many small lower power speakers, and really good sounding lower power speakers are made everyday. Not that many of us real fanatics like to be deaf anyway. That would kind of defeat the whole purpose of this forum wouldn't it. I encourage small power but with excellent quality. Just sounds better. If you want to make a 100W RMS amp, just built 5 20W amp circuits, hook them up to 5 small 40W speakers, and place them around the room. 5X20W for the left channel, 5X20W for the right channel. That is 200W-RMS... that should be loud enough for anyone enclosed in that room.

BTW it is easier to control the point of sterio/frequency responce more acuratly with many small speakers with seperate amp channels than with a few large loud speakers.

Those transconductance remember me protude interpenetrance.... i do not know what you mean...ahahahah
You have a great imagination, Carlos. Nothing rude intended. :angel:

Resistance is opposite of conductance
Impedance is opposite of admittance

Transresistance, transimpedance = output V controlled by input I
Transconductance, transadmittance = output I controlled by input V

thank you all, bill, trade,Rtirion and Cunningham

All ideas very good.....i will see the link Rtirion, thanks.

I like also the idea of many low power amplifiers with many low power speakers..... more sound pressure.... i think this is the better way...and we can separate frequencies better, using filters..hi pass and low pass... this way things will be very interesting...but for bass i will have to use another.... you rigth... tda2002 is the chip.

Very good, respecting its power limits.... the damn one can reach 12 watts.... very interesting to put bridged.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.