Transformer Based Passive Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was searching here a week or two ago for any info on Transformer based Passive Preamps and I coiuld not find anything. The current UK HI-Fi News (October 2004) has a review of the Music First Audio 'Passive Magnetic Pre Amplifier' and they like it very much.

I assume that the key to these type of product os the quality of the Transformers and that these transformers are very specialialized, however does anyone know of any information DIY versions?

Thanks

Konnichiwa,

wytco0 said:
I was searching here a week or two ago for any info on Transformer based Passive Preamps and I coiuld not find anything. The current UK HI-Fi News (October 2004) has a review of the Music First Audio 'Passive Magnetic Pre Amplifier' and they like it very much.

I assume that the key to these type of product os the quality of the Transformers and that these transformers are very specialialized, however does anyone know of any information DIY versions?

The transformers used by MF-Audio are custom versions of the Stevens & Billington TX-102 MKIII Attenuator transformer:

Magnetic Volume Control TX102

Seeing as you are in Hastings, why not give S&B a ring?

Sayonara

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.