Canít believe... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2004, 09:23 PM   #1
Quattor is offline Quattor  France
diyAudio Member

Default Canít believe...

...that no one have a schematic diagram of the NAD C 521 CD player. I've asked once on the Digital forum, but no one have answered.

So I'm asking again, hoping that someone will be kind enough to send me that schematic.

Don't worry about the copyrigts, I won't tell your name to anyone and I'm promissing not to start series production . I'd just like to replace it's power supply and to replace it's NE5532A with descrete amplifier.

Thanks in advance,
Nick
Old 2nd September 2004, 10:29 PM   #2
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hi Quattor

I'm having the same problem with my Thommessen plate amp.
Not a single soul reacted!
I know for a fact that they sold more than ONE amplifier.

Cheers

Walter
Old 2nd September 2004, 10:41 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Why not contact NAD and ask them for a copy.
Old 5th September 2004, 07:54 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default This is interesting, i asked also monthes ago some schematic

And no answer too, also i could no believe no one had it...the Sony unit, CFD757S was one world model, the catalogue came in 6 languages...if i can remember, English, Spanish,Portuguese,
French and German.

The unit, a small boom box that belongs to my daugthers has a very good sound.... 10 watts channel and a very pleasant audio...very nice sound.... audiophiles, hearing it, no doubts will like it as a portable.

And i donne all i could, i show pictures of my daugther, very pretty, said them that she will be happy with the schematic.... said that she was sad because of boom box problems.... and no way.

In my imagination, people want to protect factories from copyrigth.... and that idea cannot enter my head, i have to change my brain, because i saw the times that no equipment was sold without complete schematics and the option to ask by mail the service manual.

I think, in those times, they respect more the customers...now they do not respect anymore... they sell you "black boxes"...if the unit burns, you have to go to them.... to pay more to them, when you already paid by the equipment...the parts, only they have....

Take a look.... this is a Brazilian talking!.... a third world man talking....here, down in South America.....were we have some corruption.... but that thing i cannot accept, i think this is not fair.

We have, now a days, a customer protection service..... if some problem happen, in the flip of your eyes they change your bougth unit... you can have schematics, this is free to xerox copies...we have shops to sale schematics, books of all models of this, of that and those.

About this subject, i do not know really where's the third world.

You will have to pay...people have in their houses, the schematic you want....but they want to protect factories to continue to make this no honest work with you and with them.

What a shame guys!

Carlos
Old 5th September 2004, 12:38 PM   #5
johnnyx is offline johnnyx  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have bought service manuals for some of the things I own, from companies that cater for the TV and Video repair businesses. How many people buy service manuals for their things? You would only do that if there was a good reason, so I wouldn't expect anyone else to have them.

There are a few companies that provide service manuals in the UK, you should be able to find one near you. Google for one. I paid about £30 for them.

It might be harder to obtain service information now, because there is now no profit to be had in repairing such items. They are so cheap, relatively speaking, that it's cheaper to throw it away and buy a new one than have it repaired.
Old 5th September 2004, 01:05 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default I do not understand those modern things

I am a little old and "gray"...this way those things smell bad to me.

This seem to me alike sale twice or three times.... when you need repair they will charge half the equipment price....needing manual will pay 30 pounds..... and this is a "fortune" in my country"... 6 person dinner with "shrimps" and special wine!

Alike Fiat automobiles, we call them here "i was robbered, now its too late"......"Fui Enganado Agora ť Tarde"... this letter E, we pronounce as the letter I or the word FIAT.

You buy the automobile with a 30 percent discount price!...and them will send it to service every month.... and the difference you had when made the business, disappear fast....one year latter you are paying more than the others automobiles.

In the opposite side, the Toyota car....you buy and go to service 7 years latter....only tires, oil, brakes and small things...never expensive parts.

I prefer, the last one...i have 50 years old.... do not like this "modern" methods used now a days.

Brazilian television Sets works for, at least 10 years minimum without deffects.... i think this is reasonable, as they cost is high for us....a big 29 inches standard tube set, with all the "gimmicks" inside.....double reception, stereo, separated audio programs...all those things...will cost 300 dolares....but....... 10 years!!!!

regards,

Carlos
Old 5th September 2004, 01:37 PM   #7
dnsey is offline dnsey  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I've always found Mauritron's mauals great value - very reasonable prices, and you get a CD full of other models as well as the one you want!
Old 5th September 2004, 01:42 PM   #8
johnnyx is offline johnnyx  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Yes I've used Mauritron, but now you get it on CD

It's been a while.
Old 5th September 2004, 01:59 PM   #9
dnsey is offline dnsey  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You can order online:
www.mauritron.co.uk
and click on the 'service manuals' link.
Don't be put off by the stuff about badges - they seem to have diversified!
Manual collections cost GBP15.00, and most include loads of models.
Old 5th September 2004, 02:41 PM   #10
phs is offline phs  Australia
diyAudio Member

i too am also in the same boat. i need a schematic for a Marantz CD-46 CD player. help me !

Marantz dont even want to know you, service dealers ignore you or give the old excuse of "we will fix it for you" when you try to explain you want to mod it youself. and those handy yet quite profitable websites that sell scanned/copied manuals dont seem to have your particular model and try to sell you a "similar" model that you know is substantially different.

but being NAD im guessin somethin will pop up

Hide this!Advertise here!