Matching and curve tracing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you can use the DATAQ acquisition units -- with the starter kits you can get 8 channels of 10 bit info www.dataq.com -- there was mention of a USB unit but I haven't seen if they were shipping yet. Dataq includes the software which allows you to port the data into Excel. In some of the DATAQ units there's a control pin which could be toggled to drive an interface.

for my money, StampPlot (used with a Stamp, BX24, PIC or AVR) is the cheapest, most intuitive GUI for driving devices, collecting data, characterizing devices, or anything else you want to control via RS232. StampDAQ is great freeware available on the parallax website -- and you can use a PIC or AVR if you can write code! www.selmaware.com

btw, there are always older versions of LabView on EBay -- and the HP, Tektronix Supplies (as well as Fluke) can be programmed to work on the GPIB. the really old supplies (HP6129, HP6130, HP6131) use a strict binary approach -- sorry to say, but I rarely see them for sale anymore.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.