It Should Not Work !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody
I'm french, i'm sorry for my bad english but i hope you'll understand.

I modified my pwrsupply of my amplifier because i had some Bzzzz when i put my hear close to the médium driver. It was not "sinewave" 100Hz (france is 50Hz mains) but
peakwave sound so i thought it came from the peak crt when feeding the rail capacitors.

I separated my rail capacitors in two parts (see schematic) and introduced between ONLY ONE inductor (10mH/15A) in the ground wire because i have only one inductor.
Now i have perfect silence.

IT SHOULD NOT WORK, because there is (normaly) no crt crossing the inductor when feeding the caps, but it does !!??
Any idea ??
Rgds

Attachments

• schematic.gif
    schematic.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 179
Hi Cunningham & tks for your reply
What i dont understand is that, the current shoud cross the second part of the caps, directly from the +rail to the -rail, (just as if there is only one cap made of 2 in serial) because there are no nomaly the same voltages at the midles of the 2 packs of caps.
Mayby the real values of the caps are different.......

Anyway, now i changed my mind and put 0.27R resistor in each rail and have the same result, it's realy smaler and not the same weight !!!
nb: the amplifier is a "the discret" from elektor first made in 1991 and modified now.
rgds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.