Aksa Nirvana upgrade, public apologise!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you Carlos,

Carlos first made the AKSA with his own parts. Results were not wonderful, so I selected and sent along some superior components. Brasil is a difficult country to ship to because of security issues. But now things are humming along nicely....

The AKSA, for those not acquainted, is a very simple design with huge attention to detail in layout, operating point and component selection. Of particular significance in the mix are capacitor and semiconductor selection and power supply. The reason most commercial designs sound ordinary is because of a demonstable lack of attention to detail; this arises because bean counters control sourcing, and the way an amp sounds is not really evident from the published specifications, any more than an automobile.

The moral of this story is that an audio amplifier is much, much more than a schematic. It is a layout and component selection as well, and all three make up equal parts in the quality of the sound.

Thank you, Carlos, for your patience and perseverance. Perhaps if I'd sent the full kit things would have been better from the start!

I should add in closing that in future sales I will only supply the complete kit....Poor Carlos, this really tested his patience!! :bawling:

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.