Desintegrated circuit destroyer construction, will i succed?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking to a Radio frequency transistor with power lenses.

I see a lot of transistors in parallell

That transistor was 100 watts unit, 15 amperes unit, 150 Megahertz unit.

Expensive, bad to mount, bad to dissipation.

If i use 50 two watts small transistor together, small ventilation space between them.... low cost 150 megahertz units....one ampere each one.. and despite enormous heat sink, if i use fan pushing air through them!.... will i have equivalent transistor?... many times less the price, and no need of heat sink?....using cheap fan blowers.

Desintegrated, do not now if this name exist in English..never studied english.... maybe no integrated....non integrated, or unintegrated circuit....do not matter .... together, but not too much, wind can pass.....no heatsink price too.

Good business or a foolish...be clear... i am not too much sensitive... and asking opinions, evaluations... this way prepared to listen everything.

Carlos

Yes, it is nonsense referred to radio frequency

Was bad idea use the analogy to explain my ideas... Radio frequency is critical in size, capacitance, printed circuit board and other things.

Interesting that i could forget that, having 16 years working fixing VHF transceivers..... was bad analogy.

But transfer this idea entirelly to audio frequency..... lets think in construct one good power transistor with some small transistors.... lets construct the top power Sanken device... 2 times the size!... to audio.

Now things modified a little isnt' it.

Asking you again, what do you think.... make some sense now?

Carlos

Carlos, if you use 50 small transistors in TO 126 case, traces on PCB will be app. 50 cm long and it is too much. In this case all circuit will be must compensate for low ft. , so you lost advantage of high speed of this devices and probably this circuit will be unstable. It is blind way :cool: .

Upupa, i think have not capacitance enough to disturb 20 Kilohertz

I think maybe can avoid some oscilations... not 50 centimeters, five lines of ten in parallell and ending jumpers... those parallel lines do not need to he so close, can be distanced 3 milimeters.. and this maybe can create the 100 pf condenser we normally use from base to colector... emitter more distance from base and colector to avoid big capacitance not to filter highs...but now we are talking to audio frequencies.

I already confident with this use to reduce cost, and already believe it may be good sounding to.... and, the small transistors will have bigger gain than normal power single units.

Desintegrated circuit is interesting to call people, but this is discrete integration flatten surface vented power unit! hahahaha!, i create the name DIF SVPU

Thank you epupa.

Carlos

"Carlos, it is nonsens. This configuration you can use only for DC or for very slow aplication, 'cos in this case will be very long traces with high inductance, so you can't to use high speed of these transistors."

I'm glad no one ever told me this.

I build a high power (800W nominal) RF amplifier with eight small outputs spaced in two groups of four spread out over a width of about 170mm or so. It runs at 1.2Ghz (1,200,000,000hz).

By comparison, audio is DC.

A few years back Jan Didden built a 200W stereo amplifier with twenty 65Mhz TO126 outputs. To soak up a bunch of power he used some 0.8Mhz TO3 outputs in cascode.

About the same time, Stereophile had a write-up of an amplifier that used a hundred or more TO92 small signal devices as outputs.

Reading Mr. Darlington old texts, people said also nonsense

When chip appear, they told also.... today, people is saying that termical noise, coupling the output to input, problems with small audio IC....

Related to RF, no doubts, i am a HAM, i know that, and worked in repair of VHF along 16 years.... of course i forgot this experience.

But related to audio, i have already some doubts.... i will do a test.

thank you Epupa and thank you also DJK....73/51

Carlos

Not an ending point to the subject, go on giving me ideas.

I will do tests, but not today or tomorrow or this month.... i have a big list of things to construct... this way, still openned to ideas and discussions about this subject.

This is our house...never closed to ideas.... my ears is wide opened to hear and reflect, i always give attention, because i am sure i am learning everyday, and also openned to crazy ideas..... don't tell anybody, i prefer those ones....because all good things discovered was considered "crazy" early days or discovering.

never mind, be happy..... i am already trying, sometimes happy hear, because of you all.

bye

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.