Blameless, are there someone that have one working good? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st August 2004, 04:06 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Blameless, are there someone that have one working good?

I dislike mine.

Can you inform what you think about this amplifier?

Carlos
Old 1st August 2004, 04:27 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

THIS amplifier has an exciting low component count!!!

...will have a look to the hyperspace...
Old 1st August 2004, 05:24 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Negative, could not "capture" your transmission

I do not understood..hyperspace...low component count... can you write more details Heckman

Carlos
Old 1st August 2004, 05:31 PM   #4
fcel is offline fcel  United States
diyAudio Member

I know this forum has been very quiet lately ... what are you two talking about?
Old 1st August 2004, 06:40 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi Carlos,

I was assuming a schematic, but there was no schematic.
==> zero components ....just joking... and trying to search in hypersapce for the hidden components....

But now I think you did not want to post a schematic, but you were talking about a brand called "Blameless"..., right?

Bye
Markus
Old 1st August 2004, 06:48 PM   #6
hjelm is offline hjelm  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Methinks he means Douglas Self's blameless class B amplifier.

Hjelm
Old 1st August 2004, 06:59 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Self's "Blameless" amp
http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/ampins/dipa/dipa.htm
FWIW
Old 1st August 2004, 07:27 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default That's it, you all get it!, i cannot put schematics

I suppose i cannot, because copyrigth.

I already simulate, and in simulations...My god!... wonderfull!

But real world hearing........ My god!

We have to respect the man, he is a Doctor, a teacher, and this turns the conversation a little difficult, i know.

This way, i dislike it, but will not write clear all the words related to this amplifier, respecting the man he is...or was....i think he is alive, this amplifier was made 8 to 10 years ago...Mr. Douglas Self, Blameless amplifiers.

I never could see so good simulations.... could beat JLH designs.... i said to myself...my god!... i found the amplifier.

I use the best transistors.... noise, hi gain, hi frequency, power... the most used.... the ones people likes....and measure with care... and adjusted kindly... and check the real voltages with simulator voltages and could find 30 percent differences.... but only one...others 15 to 20 percent...my voltage correct and all passive components checked before assembling.... tested 4 different speakers, four different rooms , and five differents people said almost the same.... aaaaaagh!

This way, if cannot, or do not like, or think, alike me, that no good education put this man over the fire.... tell me directly by mail... i am asking you as a special favor....because confused..... already searching the perfect one... the one that is near perfection, the best i ever constructed is JLH designs, but i like many others, i can hear and feel good and confortable with others too...less than one hand count!

HJELM, class b?.... i adjust mine to class AB, some current in output, no one cutted or almost cutted transistor...off transistor... am i wrong hjelm?

pmKap, thank you to put the link.

I will invite you to new thread i will open now... please, tell me some.

Carlos
Old 1st August 2004, 07:50 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
We have to respect the man, he is a Doctor, a teacher, and this turns the conversation a little difficult, i know.
IME the correlation between general academic qualifications and ability to make audio sound good is very low. A designer is only as good as his/her last design actually performs.
Old 1st August 2004, 08:15 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Interesting idea traderbam, this way, if he apear here in forum

I will call you to explain this to him .

I will be under the bad, with one enourmous paper with those words " I am out and will return around year 2050"

Yeahhh!, i am a coward!... because the real heroes do not return to receive medal in war... the ones that survive, maybe because the real heroes fight for them, to save their lifes, the ones "under the bad", stay alive to receive their own medals.

This one teached the teacher that teach you!

Maybe i am wrong giving so big respect...but this is not what i want to know....about him i do not want to know...because he will be not satisfied with me.... and i do not feel happy to disturb no one, in special this "Big one"

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!