X Palesha X , one cooperation amplifier, Destroyer X and Palesha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
In Amazon.... we have some Holland descendents..... the worst man on earth... selected by their piracy nature that came here 500 years old.... damn warriors full of hate.... the worst left holand to be happy and came here to kill or died.... they are interesting mixed people.... hard as a hell... they lived alone in the jungle.... big distance from others...they hate people.

Yeah, those nice dutchmen ;)

Dear Carlos,
As suggested by u today we urgently assembled the PCB. It is working. We got pure sinewave upto 42W but after that sinewave clips. We got 42W after we changed 8.2k to 12k. It was too late then we will check it tomorrow.
Any suggestions r welcome.
Mahendra Palesha

Whe had good dutchman too, but the first ones... a hell they were

They came as pirates, and cut heads!...killing everything in front of them...nice damn creatures those old dutch man.

But, sometime after, a Princip came to live in my city, Pernambuco, and together him a lot of artist and a lot of good people, he developed a lot and founded here the Mauritius town, his name, in Portuguese was Mauricio de Nassau.... he construct a lot of bridges and a pretty town here, and we conserve the same building he done as new...pretty place the Island of Recife... we are crossed by rivers everywhere... this place was full of watter long time ago....50 centimeters under the sea level.... to much water and crabs here.... unfortunattelly, Portuguese made the big farmers, the big Suggar Producers to make one army to kick them out of here.... was awfull, the ones, the dutch stayed stand waiting to combat.... all day..... metal shields an cannons, and smoke to keep fire for cannons...hot sun..... damn weather....no one appear... at night they had the brigth of knives.... terrible.... i hate this moment in our history... a shame... good man died....our worriers are selvage as a hell...not a fair combat....dirty jokes.... the holland retired... a shame for us.... was economic interests... i suppose, if them stayed more time will be better...because Portuguese only sucking all gold and production..... the holland are different... not only that... they invested here in water drains, constructions, the first Jewish church... they scape from here, and go to found NEW YOURK... do you know that...I am telling you that the Jewish people that lived here goes to Manhattan!

PALESHA, Thank you,,, you assemble and is running... what about the sound...please...tell me the true.... awfull sound or not... reasonable, good, very good... excelent only JLH designs..no one in my mind.

Tell me Palesha.... can put clear here.... no problems to kick my a--

I can face those things easy.

Carlos

Sorry not to talk deep those things

Because i made so many amplifiers, and always had to change those long tails resistors to reduce off set.... always move resistor from VBE, move values, change values... and sometime i have to change the first transistor colector resistor... the same is collecting voltage dc and audio to Voltage amplifier transistor... this way, i normally do not talk thinking obvious....not so obvious i can realise now.... really, the beginner can became crazy with those simple things... i will be better next time.

Carlos

Dear Carlos,
I hv described what happened. We want to go ahead to get 70W from the amp. U r quite experiened, hence tell me what else to change so that we can save tme on manuplayting the values & start listening. Ur experience has got power to increase power of carlos amplifier. Waiting for ur suggestions.
Mahendra Palesha

The voltage amplifier transistor.

Change to another one that can go to higher frequency and have more gain than the one you are using... try 2SC2338 or 2SC2078.... the first is better, related the gain (200) and the frequency response (100 Mhz or up).... the second one have normally less gain, but have good audio frequency response to...can work touching 40 Megahertz easy.

Putt one more pair of output transistors... the darlington ones, and use reduced value emitter resistors...put 0.2 ohms or 0.1 ohms each one... and use 4 ohms when reinforced... if using only one pair with 4 ohms, the output can be burned.

If Supply is OK keeping around 40 volts when charged.... you will reach easy 50 watts RMS in 8 ohms....and can go to 100 watts in 4 ohms..... in theory.... pratical, normally 48 RMS 8 ohms and do not go to hundred because normally transformers do not let this happens, lowering their output voltage.... this way, if you want 90 you may reach.

You can make more amplifiers too.... i am using 6 and will go to 8 this week.... and separate frequencies going in... separated speakers too... not the box full of drivers....no no no.... use direct..no condensers, no coils.... direct... if hi frequency is in use, in the amplifier input i use a passive filter and the output goes direct to twetter.... this increase quality.

Carlos

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Destroyer X and palesha,

I'm a big fan of EF with boot strapped VAS and have recently been playing around with the DIGI125 design. After modifying the DIGI125 according to a number of threads (over the last few years) I now find the schematic you have submitted to be pretty close to the DIGI125 in am now using.

I do have a couple of questions though:

1. Your circuit has the zobel after the output inductor. I have another amp with this arrangement and was wondering whether there is an advantage in doing this. Most amps seem to have the zobel before the output inductor. Does it matter?

2. What is the roll of the resistor/capacitor on the VAS transisitor emitter?

3. I notice you have set the input impedance at 56k. What is the advantage in doing this compared to 10K or 20K?

BTW: I agree with Destroyer X's description of the way this type of amps sounds. I think its the VAS bootstrap that gives it this quality. Also, its not as refined and well behaved as my AKSA but still it has a character that makes you enjoy listening to it.

Thanks
Greg

You can call this, the poor man AKSA, i agree with you

AKSA is wonderfull... cannot understand what he did.... i was simulating and could not see differences related the tricks...but hearing we can feel that is very special.... the highs are very clear...people plays inside my house...i put cel phone audio.... my family runned to their cel phones...... why?.... real sound man!

But this one is old..... developed long distance, with awfull transistors, when Sony not so famous as now a days....maybe sometime after the digikey, maybe same time, do not know who copied the circuit.... i think maybe same time, two minds, two different places can have same idea..... why not.... technologies was pushing people next step.... lets see...classA...problems, heat and consumption....next obvious step... dinamic bias will be popular.... all people will use.... to 20 watts class A... and them automatically will be switched to AB.... and maybe to B when hard driven to avoid to much saturation.

I do not know calculations....but i could see clear 1 hertz sinusoidal in scope......square became pretty over 30 hertz more or less...if i remember...not sure.....bass is not precise.....not short and real....not boom....it is a booooooooooom.... enlarged and mixed with the next tone...no precise...alike very soft speaker driven.... easy bass....lets see.....hummmmmm .... good as a hell... try it!.... but hi end not good..can put RF transistors that will be better...but do not know why so mufled highs...AKSA beat it easy.... cannot talk about digikey....but if 2N3055... cannot be so good in highs....need very much high frequency roll off to reproduce good 15 Kilohertz sound (talking feeling, subjective perception...not scope!)

This circuit was based in a sony amplifier... now i have the rigth to explore, no more problems to use it...but when i do this one, already using them to bass, i was making contact with old Sony friends...i worked for them in the eighties....now i can do what i want..... give to all mankind.

The 56 K was there because the eighties specifications i imagine... i am not high knowledge to good answer you...really, if you want a good man to say those things and tell bad idea or good idea is Hugh... really, he can...because stay locked laboratory changing parts and hearing and taking pictures of wave forms....i am just one assembler... a coppier.... skilled man related to assemble and junk damn amplifiers.

Good to try it.... if do not like, dismount and use parts... will not take too much time if you do not make pretty...make it ugly, only to hear...if like...make boards.

Carlos

Yesterday i dismount the "blameless amplifier" from Mr Douglas Self

I could not hear that amplifier.... dislike the audio.... the difference is a real piano and a sinthetizer piano audio.

I feel it deep compressed....i reduce input level and sensitivity...no result.

Very good bass, but strange crispy highs... voice terrible...aaaagh.

I will construct BABE T.... a death of zen amplifier....no one beat John Lindsey Hood..... till today!... not sure about some improvements hugh made in Nirvana... he is sending me upgrade parts..... do not believe can beat JLH...maybe will match.

Problem JLH is that is made to cook eggs....no power output.... and really have some distortion i perceived in voice..... when starting to clip..... voice is crazy.

I do not understand FETs, and reading a lot, many people burning FET image..... i have to try FET to see. May be good...lets see if i can find complementary....hummmmm..... not complementary already difficult....imagine complementary....hummmmmmm.

Carlos

We have to make association my dear Palesha

The name can be Paleshestroyer, Destresha... X Des sha

Xshayers....no problem...but you are beeing my complementary brains, did you realise that, so many times you helped me.

Many thanks, you are not a good appearance person, with a very pretty family, with friendly words and actions... ready to cooperate.

I have to say loud an clear, happy to see you in our forum.

really

Carlos

Hello palesha, you forgot to say what you feel related the sound.

I am not passionate , have not passion related this circuit.

My name and my honor is not inside this parts joined together

My hapiness is not connected to this amplifier, being good bad or terrible, i do not mind

I also think is good only to bass, so, i have my own ideas about it...not so good as people can think

And this thing is subjective.... i think my wife is beatifull, the damn spanish lady, and i hate woman bigger than 160 centimeters... in my idea is same as man... can go away.... serves only to change lamps in house! hahahaha

But i like to see what people thinks...one friend came my house and told me ... what a bass.... my god!.... you made a 300 watts amp?.... i said, no!...just 35..... that's the magic.... the emitter with condenser i suppose...more AC gain and other DC point than direct emitter to ground.

If you say wonderfull, i will say you have some hearing problems... but want to know what you feel about it...curiosity, need to know other people feelings related sound.

I am trying Bravox contact, i will ask sample for us, and will send you mail to them... direct contact with you..... we have more than 50 milions automobiles here.... i think, a half is using bravox drivers to automobile sound...but not only to automobile... have other models too.... since first day, when start to do... poor small industrie...better than the others....but i do not know about the wonderfull english speakers... i think they make better than others... do not know why....impressive the English speakers, and i also like they used, in early past, not to use tone controls... this is great... i always put in flat!

Carlos

Carlos,
Yes, the bass is nice. We hv done combination of ur & elektor darlington circuit values. Circuit is almost the same but only few component values differ. But the bass has got more punch than bipolar amp we hv made based on famous circuit. This looks to be nice bass circuit.
I am sorry that i told u about this very late. But i hv certain method of working hence it takes more time than others. I always study first, then want to make proper PCB design then only i assemble. This takes very long time but then easy to assemble & test.
Mahendra Palesha

Yes Palesha, really, bass is very good, but.....

Hummmmm, the treble is not so impressive......

Hummm means non electronic filtered supply when over charged....my brain circuits when sucking too much energy, the supply do not hold the overcharge.... all brain diodes have some leakage, also transistors lost their gain.

I could made it better, reducing all condenser from colector to base, but this sometimes put them to oscilate, and will appear crazy voltages on the circuit, also heat, and in output you will measure AC voltage without signal in input.

I know you have this experience and knowledge, this is simple for us, but in the forum there are real beginners, for those, this informs can be helpfull somewhere.

Also i could make it better changing Voltage amplifier for hi frequency units.... those that can go to 30 or 50 Megahertz...crazy?....yes!, i think so too...but our years do not think this is crazy, they like that!.

Someone, more than one......many good people said to try to put circuit near to oscilate.....threshold of oscilation or some complicated english name alike this one, so, dear palesha, that is clear to me that when hi frequency enter....hehehe, it may oscilate a little over the high frequency tone...hummmm tricky, make harmonics in high frequency.... alike bell's sound, rich of harmonics.

I am learning a lot, have good teachers and same of them a little crazy ones, and i love them!....hehehe, wonderfull guys, inside they caves, without bath or food... full of mass around, choicing condensers...... having some damn old oil protude condensers (ahahahaha,.... this has hidden terrible ideas of prostatic care)....and tweeking here and there. Lovely maniacs they are, long life for them!

Have one so damned crazy ,that is in a hospital with a laptop or disturbing nurses to send mail to us to show amplifiers..... getting out of cirurgic room already asking:
-Where my lap top!!!

What a wonderfull world, full o crazy maniacs, i love them all....
this forum is very interesting, only halojoy is missed here, almost perfect place.

I tried those stop resistors too...put 4.7 ohms in series with the darlington base......had better treble, but loose some bass.... this way.....hummmmm, no good solution.

Thank you the informs, already realise that those switch darlingtons make wonderfull bass amplifiers...could not make the same conecting transistors, alike the darlington ones.... with the same internal resistances and the output diode protection...could not match those "fake" ones, constructed here, to sound better than real darlington "chips" related the bass reproduction.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos

digi-125

As the designer of the digi-125 and having done all of the work on the high power and bridged options on the ETI-480, I thought I would just share a few things on this forum. The Digi-125 is sonically well in front of the ETI-480 it sounds more like a current dumping QUAD. The gain is all from one stage and so there is really low tim. The best solution is to use MJ15003 and MJ15004 output transistors. The original ETI article made a mistake with the max power supply voltage it should be no more than +/- 33V DC. Exceed this value and you may have a lot of problems. The 2k2 resistor must be a propper 1/2 watt one, also the schematic is correct in both the original article and best projects. This amp is the only one I have ever seen where if you remove all ac feedback it is still stable and wont do anything weird, and still has a distortion figure of around 1%. Most other amps will last about 20 ms before destroying themselves. Last handy hint only use genuine motorola transistors, and you will have no problems. After more than 20 years since designing the digi-125 my original stereo pair are still in operation, and driving a very awkward load of my home built ESL speakers. In fact the only amplifiers I have ever found to survive is the DIGI-125, my new Valvetron and the Yamaha PDM2200.

At this rail the output power is 200 watts RMS into 2 ohms, this rises to 125 watts into 4 and around 65 watts into 8. The RCS PC boards were too large and many built resulted in spurious oscillation due to layout, I have had a dozen or so on my bench since 1985. The PCB's are still available for $9 a pair plus $1 postage Australia wide. www.rola.net.au

Regards to all Graham Dicker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.