X Palesha X , one cooperation amplifier, Destroyer X and Palesha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the rigth to explore this amplifier, designed 1972, by Mr. Shuzo Yoshida, today near retire, worked at Atsugi Plant. from Sony Corporation
I am the entire responsible related this amplifier, since last month.

This way, as my nature, as my personality and to be correct with my own ideas.

Have this amplifier for you too...you can explore, construct, sale, modified, put your name, erase mine and put under the motorcicle.......forgot that... a joke!

Mr. Palesha had cooperate a lot, and this way, his name is together my X, the magnificent circuit board is one of the cooperation and nice support he gave me long time ago.
India and Brazil is starting negotiations, we will be partners near future Palesha...will send you Bravox speaker contact too.

This amplifier has not the hi frequency quality of new designs, cannot beat AKSA in hi frequencies, and also loose in low end related to purity, and related to precision..... but this one give a very nice and strong bass, more than normal.....it is a bassy amplifier... for the ones likes bass... to subwoofer will be perfect...can be used for wide music....but his value is 7 to 10.... cannot reach John Lidsey Hood.... cannot either stay around... cannot be compared....but make good music, and is strong, cheap and reliable.

And can work with the transistor you have..... have only to obbey basic rules, as voltage, current and the power output..... around 100 watts maximum.....using 8 ohms.

Use with 4 ohms is possible...but he is bad.... real bad... do not like low charge...you can improve it.... why not.

I have the knowledge to increase highs, learn with Mr Hugh Dean, not a secret, one man i respect.....but i cannot show you how to make better highs.... sorry... do it yourself.

This is our forum philosophie... so...move it!

my pleasure to give you all, and show you all....keept it as my gift

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• x destroyer x.jpg
    x destroyer x.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 941
The smaller emitter resistor is to adjust off set

So, put a trimpot, 1k value in its place to adjust the off set output voltage.... and adjust bias from 25 to 60 miliamperes each rail... the adjustment is made in the resistor in series with the diodes.... substitute this resistor with a 500 ohms trimpot, and adjust bias...not enough bias.... change trimpot to Ik..... re-adjust off set voltage... and check again bias.... they have some relation ...one adjustment make small interference with the other...have to be repeated.....wait to see if something is hot and don't worry...be happy...if explode..... something is wrong in your assemble...i done several amplifiers....no problems..... and you will see that in the board, the output is using darlingtons...because it is the same output idea.
The darlingtons are good too, have some more brigth, but distorts a little bit more too.
Good idea to put resistance in series in plus and minus rails when adjusting to protect....put fuses in rails when finished...and put fuse in output too.

Carlos

Attachments

• 5 hertz sinus.jpg
    5 hertz sinus.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 406
UOOOPS!... A mistake...thank you friend halojoy!

Unfortunatelly, i will consider the idea not to put schematics again, because i am becaming a little old, and i am loosing attention....i simulate this amplifier before print the schematics, before copy the schematics..... and it worked this way!!!!

The Bootstrap condenser (is this one the called bootstrap?) is connected to ground in schematic.... when it is normally connected to return patch... the audio output patch that goes to ground.... it works because of that.... dinamically must have problems because not over resistance...this way.... bit strip, or bot strop, or but strup......not boot strap......i thank you very much...you know, if you sometime let a "boi de piranha". to see if people had interest or not in your published things, can be good someway.

But this time, no "boi de piranha", was a really mistake... sometimes when you left a small error, can be good because some people likes to help, others like to show their knowledge, other likes to make you understand you are a little fool (i already know that...who is not.... take a look in magnificent US, with this cowboy in presidence...no one put him out... will do now, a lot of boys already died... and i am a fool....only me?)

Must have some mistake, in pcboard, because i will check schematics i send to Palesha..... i made small changes to improve something here and there... do not know if remembered to inform Palesha (my Indian Friend, native of Country India)...will check..but busy as a hell!

Boi de Piranha...Piranha is a terrible fish that exist in milions in Amazon River and afluents and river arms.... they lived together, in a big amount.... they smell blood, they capture, as the sharks done, one small drop of blood in 1000 liters water... those fishes are small but enormous mouth and teeth....as blades those animals cuts flesh and clean the animal body till the bonds in a matter of seconds... sometimes do not touch 60 seconds time.

Unfortunattely we eat Cow and Bull flesh....our steak, sorry Palesha, this animal is sacred your country.... i am sorry, really, but we do that crazy thing.... i recognize, we do not need that Protein to be alive...not this one...can have other sources.....but we use old and sick animals, a sacrifice to protect all the other ones..... people make some small cuts in animal and send it first to cross river..... this way, in a matter of seconds Piranha detects....hi speed sensors, and goes directly to the poor animal, ... the water start to boil alike hot water over the fire.....the animal endorphines liberated by their brain made them not fell too much pain, and if...not too long, because piranha enter inside skull and eat brain fast...no brain, no feeling, no life.

This way, all other animals can pass other river side.... have to consider the water direction....and if a mistake happened...if not hurt, others bull will not be attacked....piranha satisfied with enormous animal eated.

Amazon has his secrets...Indian can be camuflated...no one can see them.... can use small tubes, a vegetal tube that will have a small arrow (is this the name)... a bullet with rocket tails... full of poison.... 100 meters, 10 centimeters precision shot.... danger, because stop diafragm movement...people died without air... silently, without a wisper.

Plese, do not let crazy Presidents start a war to protect Brazil... to came Amazon telling will protect the place against Narcotraphic, Drugs movement... we already give orders to military base airplanes to shut down, to explode airplanes if no children inside...of course...people will put children in the airplane glasses to avoid be hit..... crazy decision.

In Amazon.... we have some Holland descendents..... the worst man on earth... selected by their piracy nature that came here 500 years old.... damn warriors full of hate.... the worst left holand to be happy and came here to kill or died.... they are interesting mixed people.... hard as a hell... they lived alone in the jungle.... big distance from others...they hate people.

Not good idea came to protect Brazil.....South people will receive US soldiers with parties.... and happy welcome...but inside jungle....problems... do not go there please...give a shot in you son feet not to go to army...cannot go to army if not walking good...do not left them died here... i please you to be attention to Amazon.... stay away of troubles there... theres a jungle... and military there can life alone for monthes without food or some help....problems there... do not go there...please.

.I love USA... peace all brothers.... all mankind...but watter will be needed...there's the danger!

Carlos

Hi, I just got to the computer. I was wondering why the bootstrap capacitor was connected to the wrong location: ground instead of the audio output. I had to make sure that if a newbie sees the diagram that they will not say, "finally a simple amp, one I can build", build it, get frustrated that it is so distorted, and give up.

I really don't know why throughout history when empires come and go, always failing, yet countries continue over and over again to do the same silly thing of conquest and subjugation. Don't they know that very wise people have well shown that the better way is cooperation instead of barbaric war. the most esteemed person of the 20th century, I heard, has said that insanity is to keep doing the same dysfunctional thing over and over again. You can guess who that person is BTW. There seems to be appalling insanity present in humanity. It seems now with computers connected together, the world could finally overcome the primitive past ways.

Peace to you too, brother.

best regards

This is the circuit that Palesha used to make circuit board

You will see differences, they are related a some small improvements...both set of values, the ones you find in Palesha Board and those written in schematics, will work fine.

This correct work, depends of adjustments in Bias and Off set Voltage... those adjustments are interact together, this way, doing one, must have another small adjustment in the other... three times going bias and off set, some seconds waiting and checking all again.... and check for heat or some mistake.... will work good, are working here and family always asking to reduce because apartment is shacking too much with bass.

Please, take a look that this circuit is not a really circuit board... but you can see the cooper if you understand the board as a transparent unit... this way you can see cooper rails other side.

Take a look that power transistors are connected to board with wires, and take a look also that differential transistors colectors are conected to negative rail voltage....and near you will see ground crossing with negative rail....DANGER...short circuit there...this way, use a jumper of wire if you use this board, or...better than that!, improve this design if needed... i do not think so, because Palesha made one wonderfull board, much better than this one i showed him.

Thanks to Palesha... good work my friend!

I will repeat again... this amplifier is very good in bass, but has not the precision some people wants.... i like because it is strong and loooooog bass, alike a big drum!..... your speaker seems to be enlarged with this amplifier, related low frequencies. Hi frequencies are good too, but not so good as more developed units, alike Aksa and some others too.

This amplifier do not beat John Lindsey Hood amplifiers..... i never heard one amplifier beat those JLH designs...no chance.

If you already have JLH, do not loose your time with this one...unless you need a sub woofer, or need power to disturb damn neighboor or other need that more power will be a positive thing.

No one that already listen to JLH will think this amplifier is excelent, can be considered good , not very good, nor excelent.

I like it, and using it.... and i have JLH too... our hearing system, our brain make some adjustments in a matter of minutes, this way, one small transistor radio can be heard...if not adjusted the brain, you will trow small portable radio direct to trash box!

Carlos

Attachments

• good bass.jpg
    good bass.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 412
If you decided to assemble, congratulations

You will be satisfied, i guarantee.... you will like it.

But, take it in account, big Charlie, that's me, always making mistakes...check all, take a deep look if i do not left something open or shorted.

This happens with me... so, not a surprise if you find some...please, put the corrections to us.

Carlos

Dear Carlos,
Nice to see u here.
U hv sent me schematic with darlingtons by removing output BD 139/BD140 & output devices. U suggested me to use TIP 142/TIP147 for output upto 70W. I hv made pcb according to the schematic sent by u. If u give the same schematic here than others will able to go ahead in the matter.
Then all of us hv schematic & pcb then it will easy for all of us to get new suggestions & modifications.
Mr carlos is a nice man. Want to do always something in audio.
If anyone suggests some good modifications about PCB then i can modify for all of us.
Mahendra Palesha

Thank you Palesha, but the nice man is you, i am just the one like to compare things

This board schematic, really i made it to Palesha, and as fast as i can when he entered asking for a long time made amplifier....the one he asked was a very old unit, modified and now property of some man that divide the rights about the amplifier... good thing, divide, share... like those words.

But i made running to serve Palesha, i think he intended to construct as a ligthning, now i see he is more alike me..... now thinking long time before assemble.... we are going to old age dear Palesha... we are moving more slower, you are rigth to make reflections before assemble something.... but.... if delay alike i am doing... will do what i am starting to do..... 10 channels of JLH amplifiers and input filters....because nothing can be so good....but no power, and not rich brights in treble....just wonderfull real sound....as Yamaha said....Natural Sound....if distorted i can agree that is natural.

Why distorted... record your voice, a male voice alike yours will be easy to perceive...now reduce speed.... theres the noise....our speech is a awfull noise.... all that crazy waveshape must be followed by speaker, going front and back.... impossible.....and more complicated.... because can do that acelerated, because you are testing reducing speed.... impossible again.....this way...natural is distorted as a hell...understand distorted here, as some not good sound, not appearing a voice, but it is the voice!.... only low speed to see the speaker moviments that will follow the wave shape in a transversal way.... just that!... do not understand here the comparison between real voice and recorded voice.... as distortion is normally referred....Please friends, try to be flexible, i am not an english speaker..... Eu falo portugues uma droga de lingua complicada... i speak portuguese, a damn complicated language, not matched exactly with english, also we talk different.....we do not use "Can i?"..... we use "
" I can?"... this way you have the idea of a indian speaking...me good, me Carlos.... be happy related my efforts to communicate with you,....you are seeing a lot of Brazilians hidden, some of them studied in States (Grrrrr grim!) and do not spend time with you and me.... with us... this one, will not tell the name... is special...hummmmm....now you will appear grim... saudades...missing you grim.

I never studied English, also we were not colonized by too much Englishman, the few ones came here left us the expression we use in northeast to express indignation.... ôchi...oh s--t...cannot write, our forum is programed to erase this word...but you can understand if make some effort, is related the natural excrements.... they left to us the wold forró to.... means party for all. they made parties only to Englishman, full of controls and educations.... but, when midnigth is touched, they send their ladies to home, they put their heavy dressing out, stay with paints only, they kicked their shoes.... they took a bottle of heavy brazilian beverage....cachaça.... and redish face start to have real fun... the music was substituted by some native music, with some metal triangles heated, big drums and some type of harmonicas that have buttons alike piano... and the brazilian girls enter the party..... brazilian man too.... and the dance here is very hot, because the man dance with the upper leg between the girl dancer legs....when they first see that.... astonished...oh!...No!... indecent, UUUH, thats not good.... uau!... absurd... when wifes gonne to sleep they change their mind fast as a lighning.... because good things are Universal.
The Englishman also learn some interesting sentence.... "to Englishman see", when constructing railways here, they feel how heavy is work in this temperature... this way, everybody work slowly, because if you run, will be tired in a matter of minutes..have to reduce speed.....no way to run.... will be fatigated because hot sun over your head.... wind removing watter from your skin, and 30 degrees..... and heavy portuguese clothes those times (crazy isnt'it).... this way, never obbey the time plans.... and the England Controllers, big bosses came here to see the progress..... the mans, fast to cooperate to english friends that had fun together..... goes fast and constructed long railway but not really made... some wood, the metal over, some stone and a distance you can see loooooog, very long railway...but in reality, only pieces over ground...no railway... this trick is knowed here as "only to englishman see"...pra inglês ver.
This circuit is uggly, i was trying to put it better before publish, but palesha was faster than me.... i made a lot of small different ideas, this one Palesha put here is more usefull to normal assemblers, i use the one i put, not conventional rouded pads and i use to assemble over the cooper, without holes....i think no good, prefer to glue board, to have ground plane under.... easy to verify errors.
So, i told you a storie, now i will go direct to halojoy, ask him to tell me all Sweden History....minimum 1000 years history.

Carlos

Hi,
you may like to post a new picture since the last one seems to be cut off. One nice thing about the board is that it is possible to paint the traces on with acrylic hobby paint because they are big and spaced far enough apart. Once, someone suggested using something like a Sharpie to paint where the traces should go in doing DIY. I wonder if crayon could work. I prefer plenty of copper left on the board also since that makes the etchant last longer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.