|Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|26th July 2004, 06:20 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cape Town
Leach amp caps' quality?
I'm currently building a top-end Leach Amp, and I'd just like some comments on the audible impact of some components' quality. Everything I use has to be imported at expense, so I don't want to upgrade where it isn't worth it.
1) C7, 100nF feedback cap in parallel with 220uF C6. Currently I use an Evox-Rifa polycarbonate, is this sufficient or should I rather use Solen or even better?
2) C12, 100nF across Q7. Currently I use the same polycarbonate as for C6. Upgrading to 1uF as is often suggested is difficult if an axial cap is used, which will not join the board close to Q7. Should I just keep the polycarbonate / change it to a better quality 100nF polyprop / or bypass it with a quality 1uF axial at the solder side?
3) The widely recommended 1uF 'speedup' cap across R36. Any use going above Solen?
4) C17 & C18, 100nF in the protection circuit. Currently I have some AVX polyester ones which may be fast enough, but can change them to Bennic polypropylenes I have at hand. Any use going better?
5) C19 & C20, 10nF in parallel with 470R R39 & R40 respectively. I currently have some Wima polyester ones, will upgrading to Wima polyprop benefit? Polystyrene or other nice caps have axial leads and will be dificult to fit close to the current position.
6) C25 Zobel cap, 100nF. As it is used well above the audible range standard polyprop like Dayton/Solen should be OK?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PSU caps for Leach amp||murat||Solid State||7||30th October 2008 06:46 AM|
|High Quality Caps.||DiskDoctor||Swap Meet||5||19th March 2007 10:23 PM|
|Quality of NCC-caps?||Nisbeth||Parts||0||28th February 2005 05:11 PM|
|Leach Amp with 12,000uF Caps||wigginjs||Solid State||4||10th May 2004 04:40 PM|
|Which caps to use in Leach Amp?||BoGoMiPz||Solid State||6||22nd March 2003 08:45 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|