150 watt power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am new and this is my first post so if there is already a thread on this I could not find it. I built the amp shown in the attached file and found that the bias resistor network seems to be backwards. I could not adjust the idle current down enough, I reversed the resistor network and was able to adjust it down to a low enough level but I do not know where it should be set for good performance. Can someone help me?

Attachments

• sch150amp.pdf
    15.7 KB · Views: 386
Howdy,

The quick and dirty method of setting an emitter follower out stage is set it for 42mv drop across one of the output pairs emitters or the voltage drop across r27 and r29 per Randy G Slone's suggestion (no load connected) which will be roughly 60ma per pair of output devices.

The bias network is the right way around in the schem, if it doesn't work correctly this was way then you may have a faulty device or maybe even the wrong transistor in there.

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.