please help me

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My UREI 6250 amplifier is acting up. When I first bought it the right channel would stay clipped and put out a strong low hum that would force the speaker cone out. I sent it back to the seller, they fixed the problem and said something about "the element," and that is was a simple fix. I've been happily using the amp since then, but recently it's been doing the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well first off it just might well be something simple but as with all vintage electronics it might be a symptom of something more ominous, I did a quick Google and here is a copy of the manual for this amplifier that also includes the schematic, this might aid you or someone else in helping you to correct the problem.

Sorry I couldn't be more help but I hope this does help somewhat.;)

I've got the manual, but I think at this point I'm ready to sell the amp (along with the 809 speakers) and just get a pair of active monitor speakers. It's really a time/convenience issue and I'm doing nearfield monitoring, so I don't require anything this major.

Thanks for your input so far.

I started looking over the schematic but then thought of the condition, dc to speaker with hum, it sounds like rail coupling or a failed bridge rectifier or filter cap.

Does it happen 100% of the time, or just sometimes, myabe if just sometines a failed componet causing oscillation under certain conditions.

I'll look at schem some more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.