Lateral Structure Mosfet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They clearly need somone to clean up their website.

I THINK (meaning I'm not sure) that "10N" or "10P" indicates single die while "20N" or "20P" means dual die. If you go to the order page and do a search for a partial pat number with "20N", one of the possabilities that will be returned has a "-C" suffix on the partnumber and a description that says plastic package. This may be a dual die in a flat pack. Considering the price I would not place an order until I got a formal confirmation via E-mail or phone that such is the case.

Frankly, this website is not very friendly almost like they don't really want hobbiest orders.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
N/P means N or P-channel.
10N means a N-channel device capable of handling 10a Ids (I know that one is a little bit off as the maximum Ids is 8a).
N16 means a N-channel device capable of handling 160v Vds max.

so a 10N16 device is one that handles 10a Ids and 160v Vgs max. That's pretty standard naming convention at other companies (fairchild and onsemi for example). and it usually applies to diodes as well.

Upon further looking about, there is a flashing yellow box at the bottom of the Exicon page that lists all the devices available. It takes a while for it to first appear even with broadband. In the list that appears there are both metal and plastic devices designated 10P/10N and 20P/20N From the description I would bet that the "20" (16 Ids as noted above) are achieved by double die if only due the the impressivly high price. Also, they seem to correspond to the BUZ double die parts from Magnetec (sp?) (aka Semelab ?) with respect to specs (which you cannot get to from the Semelab link on the Profusion page!).

Nonetheless, one thing is certain the website needs work! If you poke around you will find that device summary pages link to a datasheet that does not seem applicable. Also that some data sheets are hard to read -- but only unimportant parts like the SOA table. :xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.