Need help finding push button power switch to fit my amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The darn switch in my audiosource amp is on the fritz...If I push the button all the way in it works fine, but once my finger releases it, the switch isn't catching, and I lose power.

The old switch on the amp reads:
5A/40A 250 V

It is almost identical to the switch sold at Parts Express, except the solder terminals are placed just a little bit differently and that paritular switch is 8A 250V. I suppose these all look the same though.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=060-392

Does anybody know of any place in North America I could find such a switch to fix this amp? Audiosource hasn't answered my calls or e-mails. Any chance I could use the switch at Parts Express and get away with it?
Thanks

Wow great links...
Uh, any tips on how to filter through the 4000 some odd switches these guys carry?

I have no idea what brand this thing is...it is a tv-3 switch, SPST, 2 solder tips, but most tv-3's I've seen are only 4A 250V, not 5A.

BTW, can someone explain to me what the difference between 5A and 5A/40A is? Why the "/40A"?

The closest thing I can find is the ALPS TV-3 types, but no match...doh!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.