Marantz PM66SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi chris, i have taken a picture with my phone as my digicam decided to pack up today too :( .
There are two unused inputs on the primary which i suppose are the 110v inputs?
Would there be a fuse on these inputs which i could swap over i wonder. It looks hard to open up this thing.

Attachments

• 16-04-05_0751.jpg
    16-04-05_0751.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,357
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi jakethemus,
The thermal fuse is in series with one winding. There should be two 120V windings in series for 240V operation (normally). With any luck you will find two terminals with thicker wire attached. These may be the thermal fuse. The terminals would measure open. You can bypass to check using a variac to confirm proper voltages. Do not just short and turn it on.

If this is a fault, you may be able to purchase a thermal fuse to reinsert inthe transformer winding. I do not reccomend running the unit without it. This also alows you to see if anything else is blown (like an output stage or rectifier). This means the unit may draw excessive current as you power it up. Use a variac.

-Chris

Thanks chris.
I found the fuse and it was blown! 2A 150~C
Only problem is I have totally wrecked the transformer getting it out lol.
I could see no way of getting it out without breaking the damn thing. It was buried deep under the coils which are now wrecked.

Still I have learned something about transformers from this anyway!

My only hope now is to buy a new transformer, if anyone knows of a suitable replacement for this model please let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.