Testing Leach Amp, questions about output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm about to start testing my leach amp and my question is this:

Do I need to have R50 and C25 wired in series between the positive output terminal and the negative output terminal in order to test the amp WITHOUT an input signal or output load?

Click here to see the schematic, you'll see R50 and C25 maked with astericks, which means they are located on the output binding posts. I don't have a very good way to connect these components at this time, but the tests I will be doing are without input signal or output load.

these are optional if you are merely testing the amps and not connecting the amp to a speaker load yet....otherwise don't forget to put them in when putting the amps in service..

by testing, you mean, checking the input offset voltages and setting the output transistor bias current, right?

The amplifier may oscillate randomly without this RC network, with or without speaker load and/or input signal, since one of its purposes is to lo load the output with 10 ohms above audio frequencies in order to limit open-loop gain and improve stability. Try to place the RC network temporally anywhere, connect it between output and power ground

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.