Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th May 2002, 05:50 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default A Monster "carcase" for sale

I only point this out for someone who might want to employ this as the "carcase" for a couple-hundred watt amp -- there's an HP6129C for sale on the Bay for a starting bid of $19.99. This is a 50V, 5 amp digitally controlled power supply -- the rails are, I believe 95 Volts. The cooling system is a massive chunk of aluminum with forced air. Massive xfmrs and filter caps. Weighs about 76#. As I mentioned a week or so ago, these HP power supplies would make wonderful "bases" for an amplifier. As I have 2 already I am not bidding. (If someone on diyaudio wins, I'll send them the schematics). Jack
Old 29th May 2002, 09:37 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default talkin' to myself

The voltages available on the HP6129C are +/- 15VDC regulated, +/- 26 VDC regulated, +/-75VDC and 90VDC. (with 7800 uF filter caps on the HV rails). The thing is fused at 8 amps!
Old 29th May 2002, 10:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default can't find it

hi
could you post the item #? i can't seem to find it on eBay.
thanks -
pradeep
Old 29th May 2002, 11:34 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Other Digital Voltage Sources for audio apps

the 6129C sold -- for $19.99, note that there are (were) a couple power supplies which were sold as "Digital Voltage Source" -- the HP6130C and HP6131C == these sell for around the same price and the cabinetry is worth the price. These power supplies can't be used right out of the box. They require a digital controller (I have fabricated one with a PIC) to select the voltage and current parameters, or you could use switches to set the DAC, but the programming is extremely easy. The value is incredible, even if you don't want to cannibalize them.

For a view of the 6129C, enter the part number on the EBay search engine and select "Completed Items".

Hide this!Advertise here!