Heatsink Extrusion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello -

I have a vague memory of a top-line Japanese power amplifier from the 1980s that had a very unusual heatsink extrusion. Instead of having fins, it had hexagonal "cells". It may have been Luxman, but I'm not sure. A quick search of the web didn't turn anything up. Does anybody remember this amp? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles Hansen

Charles,

I have one sitting on my bench. It's yours if you want it.

Attachments

• a-90d-in.jpg
    a-90d-in.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 418
Hello Jam,

Thanks for the kind offer! That is the extrusion I was thinking of. It must be quite difficult to make, requiring a costly extrusion die.

Didn't someone else also use a similar extrusion? I still have a fuzzy memory of a silver amplifier that had these hexagonal extrusions externally placed on each side. But maybe I'm just getting old and senile...

Thanks,
Charles Hansen

Charles Hansen said:
Hello Jam,

Thanks for the kind offer! That is the extrusion I was thinking of. It must be quite difficult to make, requiring a costly extrusion die.

Didn't someone else also use a similar extrusion? I still have a fuzzy memory of a silver amplifier that had these hexagonal extrusions externally placed on each side. But maybe I'm just getting old and senile...

Thanks,
Charles Hansen

Charles,

I also remember a Luxman with those heatsinks... Dont remember the model but I do remember it used toshiba's 2sd424 and B554 in the OP stage and was rated at 180wpc @ 8E.

Those sounded sweet.

Cheers!

K-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.