Honored to present you, a very good audio brazilian designer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th July 2004, 08:47 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Honored to present you, a very good audio brazilian designer

As i am beeing telling you friends, my country is interesting, "We are the world", because wide world countries have many representatives living here.

Mr. Fabio Mauricio Timi, probably an Italian descendent, living in the South of my country, is making good and clean designs.

My country south have also German towns, Polland towns, Russian towns... of course, all them borned here, but their ascendents came from outside countries.... normally they construct cities alike Europe, talk the mother language together Portuguese and love Brazil deeply. One of the most friendly countries around the world.

Enjoy beeing happy visiting his site:

http://www.geocities.com/capecanaver...6/projetos.htm

regards,

Carlos
Old 4th July 2004, 11:57 AM   #2
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Carlos,

Interesting circuit.

I like the feedback on the cascode VAS, bootstrapping the voltage reference; and in particular I like the use of a mosfet driver, which effectively removes the influence of reactive load phase shift from the Voltage Amplifier. Clever, something I first saw in Steve McCormack's designs.

Clearly a low feedback design, cunning way he has rearranged the diff pairs to look like cascodes!

Don't care for the way he sets up the bias pot; it should be in the base/emitter circuit rather than the collector/base circuit, so that failure mode shuts down the amp rather than biasing it into destruction.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 4th July 2004, 02:05 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Very happy to see you here, visiting this thread

As i said before, i am always honored with your presence.

Related my know how, it is a bit complicated to me, and i tried to make contact by mail with him, to ask him to make something more usual to the more easy to construct, and cheaper also.

Unfortunattelly, this one is that kind of difficult people, he wrote a page of rules to follow before write to him.... this one is very difficult man.... a kick..... yes!

We have some "specimens" this way too. But they are not common.

This one i will call by phone. (town telephone central computers)

Carlos
Old 4th July 2004, 02:15 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default We had some audio small industries closed.

I am colecting their schematics to show the forum friends.

Also searching pictures, i love to see those things, unfortunattelly people do not show often their own country equipments.

This way, i will start, maybe some people will follow me.

I need informs about copyrigth, do not know nothing about that!

I suppose cannot put factory drawed schematics, but if i put in Multisim i suppose i can, because others doing.

Really, i need some informs, not to break international rules and agreements.... we do not care too much about this subject here, because we know, the real world, people is copying hard, because no more space to start from zero..... result will be an amplifier coupled with condensers, and with output transformer.

But, others have different ideas, this way, if someone can inform the rules i will be happy.... related what i can show, what cannot, if i can put links, as i made to people follow and go to brazilian site, if i can put schematics in multisim, not talking about who design them (maybe i done it!, why not?).

So, when we face a lot of ideas, better to follow the International agreements related copyrigth....

Please, the one that want inform me some...... come in... and tell me some.

regards all

Carlos
Old 4th July 2004, 05:00 PM   #5
cpemma is offline cpemma  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Under UK copyright law, and I'm guessing most other countries are fairly similar,
Quote:
# Do I always need permission to copy or use copyright material?

No, there are certain exceptions to the rights given to the copyright owner. For example, limited use of works may be possible for non-commercial research and private study, criticism or review, ...and teaching in schools. ...Also it is generally necessary to include an acknowledgement of the name of the copyright work and its author.
To re-post the original artwork here without permission is wrong; to post your own drawing of a section of the full schematic for "non-commercial criticism, review & educational study" (with links to the full published circuit on the author's site) seems quite above board IMHO.
Old 4th July 2004, 05:17 PM   #6
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by cpemma
To re-post the original artwork here without permission is wrong; to post your own drawing of a section of the full schematic for "non-commercial criticism, review & educational study" (with links to the full published circuit on the author's site) seems quite above board IMHO.
That's very much the guidelines that we mods work to, but if the copyright holder asks us then we sometimes remove other material as well. But that is not that common.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 4th July 2004, 07:44 PM   #7
mikeks is offline mikeks  United Kingdom
Account Disabled

Default Re: Very happy to see you here, visiting this thread

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X
....Unfortunattelly, this one is that kind of difficult people, he wrote a page of rules to follow before write to him.... ,,

Carlos

Old 4th July 2004, 09:10 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Those informs, are precious to me.

I Had no idea about this matter, this way you are been helpfull a lot .

Believe me, that you are Helpfull, and can go on beeing helpful, going deep related this subject.

Nothing you said is obvious to me., because my knowledge is week, and informs received ,are beeing precious.

Unfortunattelly, my country do not care too much with those businesses, this way, common people has not enough knowledge related to that, if not applied to all my people, i can ensure you , i am the one, that is completelly ignorant related that.

Thanks, regards,

Carlos
Old 4th July 2004, 09:14 PM   #9
mikeks is offline mikeks  United Kingdom
Account Disabled

interesting....uses shunt compensation with large values.....

...not good....

Overall, better performance possible with amp. designs stripped of superflous circuitry......

Just guessing, but i reckon generic topology (properly implemented), is significantly superior to Mr. Timi's approach...
Old 4th July 2004, 10:26 PM   #10
The one and only

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeks
uses shunt compensation with large values
Perhaps I'm missing something, but coming off the Vas I only
see a pair of 47K resistors to ground and a 10 pF going back
to the negative input.

Hide this!Advertise here!