Honored to present you, a very good audio brazilian designer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now the amplifier, The Quasar one

Consider that was made in 1962!

Carlos

Attachments

• quasar amp..jpg
    quasar amp..jpg
    66 KB · Views: 208
Yes, I am, already perceived!

And i think, would be better to open another thread to not interrupt your ideas changing about this subject, the "Timi" amplifiers and discussions correlated.

I feel sorry to make this break.

Next time, i promissed, not to re-introduce another subject inside a thread.

Was a foolish, i know...... sorry to disturb you Nelson.

Go ahead, for us, you are the teacher.

regards,

Carlos

Triple Darlington can be made to measure better, but my ear leads me back to Darlingtons. I've tried Mosfets as buffers for
BJT outputs, and some reason I've never figured out, I never
liked the results
John curl uses mosfet for the driver, like in parasound cct, but in his darlington the mosfets's source is attached to output via 22ohm resistor.

What is the difference if the driver is attached to output and the driver is not attached to output, in darlington stage?

So, what device for the driver? Bipolars?

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Yes, I am, already perceived!

Nelson Pass said:
Ha. Carlos, you are good natured crazy man.

destroyer X said:
And i think, would be better to open another thread to not interrupt your ideas changing about this subject, the "Timi" amplifiers and discussions correlated.

Pardon, it is me who is rudely interrupting thread with offhand
compliment to you.

Originally posted by lumanauw John curl uses mosfet for the driver, like in parasound cct, but in his darlington the mosfets's source is attached to output via 22ohm resistor.

What is the difference if the driver is attached to output and the driver is not attached to output, in darlington stage?

I would not dispute John Curl under any circumstances. The
low value resistor means high bias for Mosfet (good) and more
intimate connection with output (also good).

pass:/ hates to lose - doesn't argue with Curl :cool:

Here is the adress to brazilian amplifier schematics

You can download the schematics and have some idea, some of them very old, sixties, and have some (Attack) that was already beeing made.

Gradiente A1 are famous
Polivox PM5000 also
Gradiente HII is very good too.

http://planeta.terra.com.br/educacao/audiolist/amplificadores.htm

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.