Leach amp R37 - R40 resistor change!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Dr. Leach said that the change doesn't make a difference, unless you are running low impedence speakers. The superamp is the same as the leach amp in this case (serving the same purpose for the protection circuit). If your speakers are low impedence, then you should make the change, and you will get a decrease in distortion. I just kept the original values for my superamp boards, since i am driving normal speakers

--
Brian
gte619j@prism.gatech.edu

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
The change was originally in place due to someone's comments on the performance change when used with low impedence electrostatic speakers.

Distortion was measured due to the protection circuit.

If you have distortion on your leach amp, I would recommend the change. Otherwise, the design has been working for quite a while as it was before the change. I personally see no reason to change it for my speakers.

If you are still in doubt. Change the resistors on one channel and see if you notice any noticeable difference in quality.

--
Brian
gte619j@prism.gatech.edu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.