Citation Sixteen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Technical Description.

Attachments

• citation 16 tech description.jpg
    citation 16 tech description.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 999
citation sixteen

I have the same amp and I am having a problem...it powers up fine except channel b's light flickers a little...when I leave speakers unconnected the meters show input no problem but when I hook speakers up it resets....I can balance evrything to one channel via the pre-amp but as soon as I put a little load on the other channel it resets itself....I checked to see if I had any speaker wire crossed but nothing....any suggestions?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi deadsled,
Sounds like protection cutting in. Could be a fault in the output stage like an open transistor (E-B) or open emitter resistor. Also look in the protection circuit for open caps and the like.
It's hard to say without having the amp in front of you.
-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Proceed with caution

Hi deadsled,
You know, there is a possibility you may make things worse. Check the outputs for a diode drop between emitter and base, each output. Best done with the outputs disconnected, but don't do that yet. Look for continuity across the emitter resistors as well.
If this is not clear to you, have someone with experience look at it.
-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi SVI2004A,
I can't remember these 100%. Are they the four legged transistors? Anyone have a picture of one?
They will be a Japanese part, and should be 2SXNNNN type numbering scheme. You can sub the newer large three legged type if this is the case. The four leg type normally had two emitters and had higher ratings for dissipation and current.
-Chris

both channels on my Cit 16 work when no speaker wire is hooked up but when I put speakers on them the b channel causes it to reset...if I swing all the way to the a channel I can turn it up no problem..but but the slightest bit of the b channel and reset time....it keeps cuuting itself off and on....any suggestions if i got a multimeter what should I check and look for....thanks...Honky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.