The interesting Luxman stage - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd May 2002, 09:35 PM   #31
The one and only

Was that bubbles or boobies?

"Touriga Nacional" . It's on the shelf next to Coors
at the store here in Foresthill.....
Old 22nd May 2002, 09:42 PM   #32
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member

hahahaha ... Sorry bubbles ... Do you mean this is second class stuff!? .. hahaha

Sonny
Old 22nd May 2002, 11:11 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Hello Sonnya :
"Herdade do Esporo" and "Touriga Nacional" are portughese wines...they are very inexpensive here in Portugal. Im glad that at least we are known for our wines because for our amplifiers nobody know us.
And for you Mr Nelson if you send me one of yours amplifiers i will
send you the same weight in bottles of that splendid wine!!
Regards
Jorge
Old 22nd May 2002, 11:22 PM   #34
mlloyd1 is offline mlloyd1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: DIYers

Damn, I read this and spit out my coke laughing so hard . You guys are a riot!
mlloyd1
Quote:
Originally posted by HarryHaller
No taste, no money, and lots of opionions......
Old 22nd May 2002, 11:32 PM   #35
Banned

Angry Re. DYIers

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!..................... The prevailing view around here is that I am not funny but just a domineering a**hole.... Besides, what makes you think I wasn't serious. For real humor try:

i need some openions....please give me feed back...speaker design...
Old 22nd May 2002, 11:38 PM   #36
Account Disabled

Thumbs up hail peranders!!

......to much text has been exhausted on the 'simpler is better' urgument.....as you rightly stated...cd players contain tons of active devices after the disk long before signal hits the power amp......the key i think lies in execution...of course gilding the lily can be taken too far...for instance...a constant current source biased by yet another constant current diode!!

However, a sound design philosophy, grounded in solid engineering principals, and followed through to its logical conclusion usually delivers the goods in sonic terms.........
Old 22nd May 2002, 11:48 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
cd players contains tons of active devices long before signal hits the power amp
I thought in minimum the analog signal hits a hand full of switched (very good calibrated?) constant current sources and a resistor which isnt really active, normaly it may see something like one opamp after the currentsouces instead of this resistor. that is something like an "current -elektrometeramplifier" (I-V converter)

this is about that much of active elements as it may see in a very minimalistic chain behind the CDP.
Old 22nd May 2002, 11:57 PM   #38
Banned

Default for instance...a constant current source biased by yet another constant current diode

How do you do that? Can you post a schematic? Is this the same thing as a cascode current source? I'm serious man post a schematic please! I really want try this circuit. How does it measure? What is the output impedance for a 4mA crrent source?Do you have Spice models?

"However, a sound design philosophy, grounded in solid engineering principals, and followed through to its logical conclusion usually delivers the goods in sonic terms........."

Yep... and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump thier butts on the ground.....
Old 23rd May 2002, 12:10 AM   #39
Account Disabled

Thumbs up dear harry

no need for sarcasm old chap...see attached for example of pointless misuse of components...a constant current source...whose biasing zener has a constant current established by jfet current diode....to be found in some elektor designs...satisfied monsieur harry haller?
Attached Files
File Type: zip ccs.zip (3.6 KB, 126 views)
Old 23rd May 2002, 12:12 AM   #40
Banned

Harry: Im not professional in this buisiness and the board is called "DIYaudio" and not "closed club of proff. audio EEs"

Im not good enough in your language too understand everything of the information you posted, espacially whats humor and wahts serios to take. OK.

As im a hobbyist i cant measure or give u special data, but look this:

http://www.daisy-laser.nl/homeoptics/tda1305t.pdf

u see a datasheet of a audio DAC.
look on page 4 the block diagram.
everything ecept one analog filter first order is included (C1) on the chip.

Everything analog signal will see are the sources where its generated and the op on the chip. output of the CDP is direkt behind the C. no more buffers or stages needed, signal is about 1,42V RMS at "Vollaussteuerung"

Please correct me if im wrong, i not insist this is right, but its the way i understand it this moment.

Hide this!Advertise here!