preamp dc offset channel difference?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, i have 1mv dc offset on right channel output of preamp and, .1mv dc on left channel output is this imbalance enough to worry with using trimmers? i have some 10k 15 turn i could use if need be but, don't want to go to the trouble if the offset difference shouldn't be audible any way as that is the main concern. i'm sure my amp has input blocking caps. thank for any help, crippledchicken :)

1mV offset is not much.
0.1 mV without trimming is outstanding.
Hm, well.... but differences always cause doubts, right.
So you should at least check with a signal generator and scope if the signal shapes are coming identically on both chanels.

If the small DC imbalance is the only difference and your
power amp has DC blocking caps....

I have doubts that my ears would notice a difference.

;)

hi ChocoHolic thanks for the reply i don't have the equipment for the testing you mentioned but, i'll take your word on it seems to sound fine. just wasn't sure if it could cause channel imbalance or not and, with my ears not as good as they used to be maybe i wouldn't notice it. thanks again, crippledchicken :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.