Determination ot parameters of ferite cores

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How can i get the relative magnethic permeability of ferite cores. Please give me as many measuring methods as you can !

I have used indirect method of defining that - with L meter. I make some turns on some cores from PC power supply and compare the values with the value i've got from other core(noname) with the same turns.

It's not the most correct way to get ur ( relative magnethic permeability ) but at least it gives me a tentative and approximate value.

Aaaaa I forgot to tell it's all about SMPS project .

lachko973 said:
How can i get the relative magnethic permeability of ferite cores. Please give me as many measuring methods as you can !

I have used indirect method of defining that - with L meter. I make some turns on some cores from PC power supply and compare the values with the value i've got from other core(noname) with the same turns.

It's not the most correct way to get ur ( relative magnethic permeability ) but at least it gives me a tentative and approximate value.

Aaaaa I forgot to tell it's all about SMPS project .

You can buy ferrite cores from distributers (MCM Electronics, Mouser) just to name a few. They usually provide the relative permeability. Try to find one with a relatively high permeability to make a transformer out of, not a powdered iron core.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.