Simple question...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ya all,

Please take a look at the attached image. This is the output stage of my preamplifier. I'm wonderig, which one of those two transistors (Q17, Q18) should I mount on the heatsink of output trannies. My guess is Q17, but I'm not sure. What will happen if I mount both trannies on the heatsink? Better or worse regulation (not that it really matters in this case since this is a preamp, not a power amp, but I want to make it right)?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• gr_bias.gif
    gr_bias.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 136
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
small pcb

Hi Quattor,
Why not either plan to mount both. You can pull one away if you end up with a negative temperature coefficient. The other method would be to use a small pcb for you bias and mount it higher up. Circuit changes would be even easier then.
-Chris

Peranders - I didn't want to mess up with the original design that much. It performed so well on the simulator that I just had to built it the way it was given. Anyway, stripping it to one transistor is not that hard once I've sorted this one out :)...

Thanks guys!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.