MOX builder’s thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think it is probably cheaper to order from Mouser, the 1% 100ppm tempco are..what, 2 or 3 cents each, and you get exactly the needed values. And you can order in quantities as small as 1. Their shipping for small packages is as little as $5.

I will repost my spreadsheet tomorrow (4th of July observed in the U.S.!) which has the correct part numbers. I just want to vet it again for accuracy, although it is in the big group buy thread.

I tried talking Jens out of a component group buy mostly because it would be an absolutely insane amount of work to kit out all the resistors. ;)

Tyler,

Even though I reviewed the original Moamps’ thread, I could not find the schematic that matches the discrete OpAmp board layout. Could you please tell me where I can find it?

Also, I could not find at Digikey or Mouser a 100 nF capacitor that fits the spacing of C3 on the board. Which component did you use as reference for the layout?

Free 1 uF 10% 63V film caps for the mox filter

I have a lot of these from work (They were thrown out because they are not used anymore)

If you are interested I can send some of them for free – you only have to pay for the shipping.

Tyler how many do you want - maybe I can send 500 or so to you, and you can send them to people from the USA?

\Jens :)

Even though I reviewed the original Moamps’ thread, I could not find the schematic that matches the discrete OpAmp board layout. Could you please tell me where I can find it?

Here was the original schematic that the boards were built from; some parts are missing now so I should probably draw a new one, but this can be used to see the component designators.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=369405#post369405

Also, I could not find at Digikey or Mouser a 100 nF capacitor that fits the spacing of C3 on the board. Which component did you use as reference for the layout?
This is tough to find. Moamps might be able to respond with the cap he used. I ended up using Mouser 75-MKT1826410064 but the leads had to be bent. You could probably use 23PW310 (10nF!) but I have not tested this.

I am attached a slightly changed shoppping list. It has primary and alternate Mouser part numbers for most everything you need; I stuck to 1% parts, so there are a few Q values that don't exist. You can parallel if you really want them or look up a .1% part.

Attachments

• mox_shopping_list_v11.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 109
Re: Free 1 uF 10% 63V film caps for the mox filter

JensRasmussen said:
If you are interested I can send some of them for free – you only have to pay for the shipping.

Tyler how many do you want - maybe I can send 500 or so to you, and you can send them to people from the USA?
Very generous of you Jens. :) Sure, I'd be happy to distribute. Shoot me an email re shipping cost.

If anyone feels it worthwhile, I'm willing to coordinate purchase of the film caps. This is unlikely to make sense unless you know that you need Jens' caps and want to get it all shipped for one cost--the price breaks aren't huge.

For example, the 100nF Wima ($0.79) becomes $0.57 at 100 units. The cheaper 100nF MKT1826 ($0.21) only drops to $0.17.

I'm not willing to kit out all the resistors though. Chipco3434, are you serious about doing this? If so, it would make much more sense to have the caps sent to you.

People who have an interest, please email me to avoid cluttering the thread. Let me know about how many caps you want and if you want the polyester or the Wima in the spreadsheet. If I think there is sufficient interest (I would be surprised, honestly) I'll start a thread.

tiroth said:
This is tough to find. Moamps might be able to respond with the cap he used. I ended up using Mouser 75-MKT1826410064 but the leads had to be bent. You could probably use 23PW310 (10nF!) but I have not tested this.

Hi,
I tested my opamp with 47nF, 100 and 220nF MKT (whichever I happen to have at hand :)), without a problem. This cap's value may range from 10nF to 1uF and the cap type does not really matter much (small elco, for example).

Regards
Milan

Edit: Mouser 140-PM2A333K 33nF with 3.5mm pitch looks good and cheap.

Stuffed and tested my first high and low pass sections with IC opamps and all tested great. Received the rest of the parts for the discrete opamps. They will be the next to be assembled and tested. I plan on building a few variations with bipolar and mosfet outputs along with a Borbely balanced circuit for the outputs.

BDP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.