Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2004, 12:56 PM   #41
tiroth is offline tiroth  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have a question about C2 and C3 in the discrete opamp PCB: C2 is 100pF and C3 100nF.. why the former has a pin spacing that is double the latter? It is pretty hard to find 100 nF film caps with 2,5 mm spacing... or a ceramic is just fine?
Answer:

Quote:
Originally posted by moamps:This cap's value may range from 10nF to 1uF and the cap type does not really matter much (small elco, for example).
Another option would be to use the free "N" pad. The spacing there is just a bit over 5mm.
Old 10th July 2004, 05:52 PM   #42
diyAudio Member

Thank you, I somehow had missed this answer....

Cheers

Andrea
Old 10th July 2004, 06:01 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Thanks, Jens, the manual for the 'crossover one' is very enlightening. That looks like the board to get once the design is squared away using the mox. Nice work. And thank you again for the work you put into the mox. It is awesome.
Old 15th July 2004, 05:35 AM   #44
MBK is offline MBK  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Hi Jens,

would you, by any chance, have a complete circuit schematic available? In the documents you posted, there is a block diagram, and schematics of the individual blocks with part designation. But there is none of the complete circuit of one MOX board.

The reason why I ask is that I assume to build the layout you have one lying around already, and for ppl like me who will assemble several boards for 4th order 3 channel setup with some parts substitutions etc, a full diagram would help. Also, to locate jumper setup with multiple boards. Any form, pdf or gif is enough, I can then print out 4 copies per channel and assemble/draw on paper.

One error correction: in the manual's block diagram, latest edition, there are two "jumper 2" labels. The one on the right should be labeled "jumper 3".

Markus
Old 15th July 2004, 06:09 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

Another thing I may have missed: for dicrete op amp use (it will take me some time to get there but working ahead) - where on the MOX board do you place the 4k7 for DC stability? I gather it's on the underside, but I can't find holes corresponding to it. Or is it supposed to be surface soldered?

Markus
Old 15th July 2004, 12:24 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

MBK,

Quote:
would you, by any chance, have a complete circuit schematic available?
Jens has posted full schematics on his site. It is the first item in the list of downloads:
http://www.delta-audio.com/Active%20filter%20two.htm

Quote:
where on the MOX board do you place the 4k7 for DC stability? ... Or is it supposed to be surface soldered?
Correct...there are no pads for it on the MOX mainboards, which was designed for standard opamps. An alternative to surface mounting is to use R10 on the opamp boards and connect to a nearby ground pad.
Old 15th July 2004, 02:14 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

Hi Tiroth,

yes I have that document. It does have all the schematics, but piecemeal. It would be nice to have a larger, complete schematics, so I don't have to cut and paste the different sub-circuits together from the different pages. Of course that can be done too, but I assume to make the MOX board layout Jens already has a file with the complete circuit in one page...

Markus
Old 15th July 2004, 03:09 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

I doubt it.
Old 15th July 2004, 03:19 PM   #49
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to JensRasmussen Send a message via MSN to JensRasmussen
Hello,

Well in fact I don’t have complete schematics in one page, simply because putting it in one page would make it to small to read.

However you should be able to follow to off page pointers and get the signal path that way.

\Jens
Old 15th July 2004, 04:07 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

OK, fair enough...

Thanks

Markus

Hide this!Advertise here!