Pictures of my amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally got some pictures of my amp. It is dual mono with voltage regulation on the input/driver stages fed from a seperate winding on the transformer at a higher voltage. There are 4 pairs of outputs per channel with a 6800uF cap bypassed by a polystyrene next to each output, a total of 8x6800 per side. All parts are 1% where possible. Caddock, Holco, and Mills resistors are used throughout. It is based on my schematic that I posted last week. It has been on for 6 years and is played hard almost every day. I designed a two stage power switch which lets the input/drivers stay powered while the outputs can be switched off to save power letting the amp stay warmed-up all the time.

Attachments

• img_00013.jpg
    img_00013.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 394
I forgot to add that all boards are 1/8" thick two ounce copper that I etched myself with the dry transfer method. All wiring is teflon silver with 10ga used on all power rails post bridge. The case is T6061 aluminum ranging from 1/2" to 1/8" thick depending on usage. Input RCAs are WBT and output bindingposts are Edison-Price. Total weight is 75lbs including two 10lb+ torodial transformers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.