Uni project help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all need some help here..

Im going into my thrid year at uni and need to do a major project. I've proposed to build an active sub. My knowlege on amp design is better then your average Joe as im an electronic eng student, but i was planning to read up on audio amps over summer

BUT my teacher wants me to write a short report on how i intend to build the amp before he will give me the green light ...............

At the mo i aint got a clue so wondered if one of you could point me in the right direction

*needs to be a compact amp
*power 100w
*with freq filters

Any help would be greatfull

Piper :D

Try to get hold of Randy Slones, high power audio amplifier contruction manual. If you are an EE student you should be able to understand all of it and it will show you how to make an amp from start to finish.

Matt

P.S. - how strict will you have to follow the report when making the amp?? Because what you "think" might be the best way to do something might not be the best way to do it in reality.

Yeah thats the book i intended to read over summer, the problem is i need to get back to the teacher asap (term finishs nxt week) i've got the book on order (8 day del). And cant find it at the lib so i just need some basic knoledge to blag the teacher.

Interms of design i would be able to say i've built amps b4 so would be able to change the design in non-coventional ways.

Im actually and intergared student (both ee and mechanical) so most of the designing will be foucused on the housing.Just i need an electronic element in my project to complete th course.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.