your thots on this amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: your thots on this amp

Frazzled said:
There is no excuse for spelling this atrocious.:confused:

"thots" = thoughts

IMHO There is no reason in not trying to push the English language forward and relieve us of some of these archaic spellings... now that we have changed the pronuncian of the word to leave the g silent, it should be left out od the spelling too.

dave
planet10/been spelling it thot for 30 some years now...

Off topic to your thots, sorry

I think we/you/us should try to present better written english examples whenever we can. This site is a international venue and there are many non english spoken visitors. We don't want to show the wrong way in doing diy do we? I wish I had studied harder in my school days. You see how bad my english is now!?

Regards,
Chris

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Off topic to your thots, sorry

chris ma said:
I wish I had studied harder in my school days.

I got As in English... i'm just an informal supporter of the society aimed at simplifying & rationalizing English spellings. The Ad Hoc spellings of many words, inconsistencies, and contradictions to rules is quite daunting to anyone learning English -- even those who call it their only language.

dave

Anyway, back to the original topic....

I have considered builing this amp, actually I plan on doing it very soon. The above site is one of my favorite Amp/Speaker sites. Using babel fish to translate japanese is rough at times, but doing so shows that M. Utsumi san has done lots of research on this amp as well as others. He has compared this amp to various other amps. Kanzen means 'perfect' and I believe that this is his personal favorite (though I am interpreting this through his web site and thus through the babel fish).

If you decide to build it, keep us informed as I am curious about others impression of it.

-D.

Dozuki said:
Anyway, back to the original topic....

I have considered builing this amp, actually I plan on doing it very soon. The above site is one of my favorite Amp/Speaker sites. Using babel fish to translate japanese is rough at times, but doing so shows that M. Utsumi san has done lots of research on this amp as well as others. He has compared this amp to various other amps. Kanzen means 'perfect' and I believe that this is his personal favorite (though I am interpreting this through his web site and thus through the babel fish).

If you decide to build it, keep us informed as I am curious about others impression of it.

-D.

i will. need to do a part search

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.