My amp design schematic - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th June 2004, 09:10 PM   #21
markp is offline markp  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sam9
Doing some mental gymnastics to untangle the spagetti it appears to me a highly generic amplifier with symetric topology. It looks like it came out of a textbook.
No, not out of a textbook. It is simple, simple is good. Not trying to reinvent the wheel(or amp) here, just make a simple usable design that people can play with and make the way they want to.
Old 10th June 2004, 10:03 PM   #22
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Markp,
What is this? I am in agreement with all the critics here and then some. I am not sure what the purpose of this thread is, besides a mild case of trolling.
I think we all got better things to do than reinterpreting your bizarre looking schematic and/or hearing your claims of great sound. Quite clearly people are genuinly interested in your circuit so, if your purpose is to teach electronics I would just stop hinting that everyone's an idiot, admit that you posted a F'd up schematic and then start giving a detailed explanation of your circuit and the reasons why it may be different/better than anything else out there.
Old 11th June 2004, 05:37 AM   #23
palesha is offline palesha  India
diyAudio Member

markp,
r u influenced by Bush? Bur we r not saddams. U r attacking us as u want. We r all friends here. try to be like a friend. If u can't draw proper schematics it is ur fault. improper drawing is not learning. First learn urself then teach others.
Old 11th June 2004, 06:24 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by palesha
markp,
r u influenced by Bush? Bur we r not saddams. U r attacking us as u want. We r all friends here. try to be like a friend. If u can't draw proper schematics it is ur fault. improper drawing is not learning. First learn urself then teach others.
Palesha, LOL, but while I catch your implicit 'drift', ascribing political views to what is more properly viewed as the vagaries of personality will do little to cure Mr. Pindler of his shyness.
And you're gonna tick off a bunch of us cowboy Americans....

Nor is the schematic 'improper', it is simply not what we generally expect, albeit, the resolution really sucks. But if I can discern its topology, I'll assume that many (most?) can do likewise. But I wonder whether Markp has actually built the amp as he seems unwilling to answer my naive technical questions, or if the board's cynicism has him totally discombobulated....
Old 11th June 2004, 11:00 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default The drawings

That surely is a strangely drawn schematic.
At first I thought the devices were Tranubes.
Apparently not .
Cheers,
Ashok.
Old 11th June 2004, 01:55 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Any of those that live in Los Angeles are welcome to come on over and see and hear the amp. It's funny how all of you are willing to bag on a schematic with poor resolution! Well, all of you are missing out on the idea of taking the circuit and actually trying it out(of course you must know how to calculate all the values not listed). The invite is open...
Old 11th June 2004, 01:59 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by palesha
markp,
You must be kidding! What kind of response is this but an attack?
Old 11th June 2004, 02:04 PM   #28
Stocker is offline Stocker  United States
diyAudio Member

Default um...

I don't think it's the schematic that's being bagged on...

/edit
in re: the above post...

You can't take criticism OR draw schematics...
Old 11th June 2004, 02:04 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: My amp design schematic

Quote:
Originally posted by pmkap

How very kind and altruistic.

A lovely and visually symmetrical schematic. Complementry LTPs fed by CCSs to complementry Vas(s) with a amplified diode Vbe betwixt and between to emmitter folowers.

So how do you adjust output offset? Are the non-inverting complementry LTPs base currents so well matched that you don't need a input cap? No drivers that I can see, so how many of those "multiple ouput pairs" can you drive as is? (I can't discern the ouput trans, are they Darlingtons?)
The offset is less than 10mv on the worst example I've made.
No input cap is needed as the base currents are very evenly matched in the dual devices used.
Up to four pairs of outputs can be driven by the drivers with no problems. They are not darlingtons.
Old 11th June 2004, 02:15 PM   #30
Stocker is offline Stocker  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pmkap
But I wonder whether Markp has actually built the amp as he seems unwilling to answer my naive technical questions, or if the board's cynicism has him totally discombobulated....
You answer your own question in a previous post.

Personally it seems to me it MIGHT be that he didn't want to take the effort to draw the schematic in a more sensible way and include some (even ballpark) values, not expecting to receive such criticism for it.

If you want people to learn, why make it a translation process first? If you want people to think your amp is great, give values so it can be built. It seems to me that a LOT of unique designs are prototyped for evaluation by the members here...

or wait... are you just scared to have someone build it just like you did and have them say it stinks?

Hide this!Advertise here!