My amp design schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a copy of the basic amp design I threw together and use with fantastic results. I have left out the part values so the DIYer can use it to learn a little too. If done right it is stable into almost any load and is one of the best sounding amps I have ever heard(or not heard!;) ) You can use voltages up to about 55-60v with no problem as long as you have enough output transistors for the load you are going into. Play with it and see what you get. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly suprised with it. Good luck!

Attachments

• mdpsch2.gif
    mdpsch2.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 817
markp said:
Here is a copy of the basic amp design I threw together and use with fantastic results. I have left out the part values so the DIYer can use it to learn a little too......

How very kind and altruistic.:irked:

A lovely and visually symmetrical schematic. Complementry LTPs fed by CCSs to complementry Vas(s) with a amplified diode Vbe betwixt and between to emmitter folowers.

So how do you adjust output offset? Are the non-inverting complementry LTPs base currents so well matched that you don't need a input cap? No drivers that I can see, so how many of those "multiple ouput pairs" can you drive as is? (I can't discern the ouput trans, are they Darlingtons?)

Bill Fitzpatrick said:
Why didn't you put a readable copy up in the first place?
Because, I can read my copy.
I'm not trying to be God here, I just thought some people would like a place to start learning something about diyaudio rather than just building without doing any calculation or experimentation. If this is not you then bug off, if it is then enjoy your learning. There are things that are meant to be figured out rather than just shoved at you.

Ooh I do know how to put it together all right. :rolleyes:

It's just that if you want that someone can use it as a learning experiance then it is made too complicated for a beginner DIY person. One would most likely drop the analysis because you first have to figure out how the schematics is built up before you can do any analysis on it... in my opinion it's a wrong way to teach amp design.

Actually I would put the VA stage caps in parallel with collector loading resistors not between base-collector. Many say this improves a sound alot.

Ergo

ergo said:
Ooh I do know how to put it together all right. :rolleyes:

It's just that if you want that someone can use it as a learning experiance then it is made too complicated for a beginner DIY person. One would most likely drop the analysis because you first have to figure out how the schematics is built up before you can do any analysis on it... in my opinion it's a wrong way to teach amp design.

Actually I would put the VA stage caps in parallel with collector loading resistors not between base-collector. Many say this improves a sound alot.

Ergo
If you can't put A to A and B to B then you are right they should not try this project. The Miller caps work fine where they are but if you wish to move them that is what this is all about. Having a place to start and doing it from there your way.

Try to place your post in the threat Single or dual differential?.
It is an ordinary amp with two differential input stages. One thing is unusual - the way of transistor drawing. At the first glance at the schematic in black I suppose that you should place your post in TUBES section. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.