HoHô, gonna hear mine this nigth! - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2004, 11:40 PM   #21
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Carlos,

Any problems? Anything I can do to help?

Have you set quiescent OK? Is offset less than 30mV? What is rail voltage, and what voltage is across R15 (should be 1.24 volts)

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 12th June 2004, 12:00 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Does anyone know what this thread is about
Old 12th June 2004, 12:05 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default No thanks hugh, no problem related amp

I measure 12 milivolts on charge, and 1.14 over R15.

Works very well, and not to much heat.

Rail was 38 without charge and reduced to 33.5 full power, a very big transformer...but reducing a lot isnt it... used your condenser, the Petrol Platform... Hearing Ave Maria i cried... so, no doubts it is very good, congratulations and thanks the support.

I have to say i am satisfied (not with jellows friends, they called me hornet... this is hard here)... and ask you please if you can give me some advanced informations related the bigger one in tests.

This unit is more than enough, but when i made comparison could not go further to see the way distorts related the others.... some of them a little much more power.... could see distorts normal when overdriven, others distort alike overdriven too in their maximum, but one over driven in 53 watts and other in 85 watts, this way, friends start with doubts.... i think they are shocked only, this way try to confuse some the comparisons... shame on them.... all them nervous, no one called me yet.

I will put the schematic on computer with other names, in my multisim and will burn schematics... this is a bom in forum.

I can, now, understand deeply your reason... sorry to say, you trust too much... if i was hugh, perceiving the troubles that will came from jellows and astonished people seeing those improvements, i will put whole thing inside an black epoxi capsule, outside power and fuses only... a black box!..have you seen that i asked you to make 4 copies to my revolutionary friends, they call i like you more than mine friends..no true, is a matter of respect... they say i always squared..my god!...I am not!

I am satisfied and not satisfied, i will send to trash a lot of papers, and no more simulate a lot of thopologies.... this is not so good, if you already find, no more search.... i think now i will research diy speakers..... a real construction of those pistons... made with my hands, the size i want it!.... will be interesting, have some idea Hugh?

regards,

Carlos
Old 12th June 2004, 12:24 AM   #24
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Carlos,

Let me see if I can decipher this!!

The amp runs fine and makes you weep.

However, one channel clips at 53W and the other at 85W. This is confusing, so please email me privately and we will investigate it.

Most of your test amps are over 100W, and you would like to know about the 100W AKSA. Correct so far?

You think I am too trusting, and this design will be copied. Already your friends are asking you for the design. It is difficult to drive them away, because they think you are on to something.

Now you are nervous about this and want to hide the amplifier.

Carlos, am I right? Is this what you are saying?

Some time back NP suggested to me that I should release the schematic to the public domain. He does this, as we all know; Nelson suggested this would improve sales of the kit.

I have thought a lot about this. It is a difficult decision but it might work and NP has been a very successful man with huge credibility and considerable generosity of spirit, something we all admire. What is certain is that to sell anything you have to tell people what it is!!

I'll admit I'll take comment from any DIYer on this one!!

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 12th June 2004, 01:00 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

After all the stuff carlos has written on it lately, I poked around on your website.. When I finish up my gainclones, I may want to give one of your designs a try. If nothing else, maybe you can get some PC Board/Partial kit sales out of it. DIY'ers love both Kits and PC Boards.. I guess it would depend on what was provided with it!

But I think Nelson is right.. Publishing the schematic will most likely improve your sales. I would guess that you might get feedback on possible design improvements, criticisms (I'm sure there'll be plenty, this is the internet afterall, and opinions tend to run rampant). The only ones who wouldn't purchase a PCB/Kit from you are the ones who would want to take your circuit and change it to their needs. Or possibly people who want to duplicate it, but you could always put a not-for-commercial-use statement type thingy in there like AudioXpress and others do.

You did a better job of deciphering what Carlos said than I could've
Old 12th June 2004, 01:01 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Hugh,

I can understand your frustration trying to decipher Carlos’ message. He e-mailed me in Portuguese, and even as a native speaker I had a hard time following his writings.
But I can tell you that he has done more to bring your products to my attention than any other comment I read in this forum.
How about putting together a traveling unit? David Ellis from Ellis Audio (http://www.ellisaudio.com/) did that with his 1801 speaker and it seemed to have brought a lot of attention to his products.
Old 12th June 2004, 02:15 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default Grim.. you again...grrrrrrr!

Decipher messages is really deep, native language, problems with my language.... hummmmm strange.

Carlos
Old 12th June 2004, 02:35 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default Unfortunattelly i have to agree.

If you all had problems to understand me, of course, i have very bad english.

Never studied that, i write because i am very crazy to try, and courage to be ashamed to.... grrrrrrr!... is the dog when nervous, but i am not. I was nervous because i had things to tell to one Brazilian guy...i did it, now i am fine.

Not only Mr Pass Hugh, i do this advise to you too, and i told people became nervous with this secret. You forgot me, but natural, if Mr Pass did that, other people may be secondary, i can hold that without problems.

My message is truncated, normally happens, sorry.

Not your two amplifiers, one with 53 watts and the other with 80 watts or something alike.

Are comparison between one AKSA channel and one other equipment channel, we do not mind about stereo separation ,because our houses can not reproduce good stereo sound, too much reflections, we use reflective materials in our construction, we use a lot of ceramics!

So, we compare a single channel with another amp single channel, and to confused me, my friends told me one can go to 80 watts and Aksa to 53watts.... and we made tests adjusting both to 30 watts rms.... this way, they say not fair, because Aksa is in perfect power to use, and others not... they tryed to confused me, this way you are confused too....that's it.... they intend to say that Aksa will distort a lot more in 53 watts than the other one in 80 watts.... and this is not important, because no one is crazy enougth to go hearing maximum overdriven audio.

No problems with Aksa, working good, no channel different...problem was distortion perceived with our series parallel complex speaker... it has capacitance in parallel with the output and a lot of inductance.... a very hard speaker... only harmann Kardon could reproduce without distort a little in this damn speaker... i will change this speaker, i will remove passive crossover and condensers... also reduce speakers.

Carlos
Old 12th June 2004, 06:07 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Aksa 55 schematic already posted.

Carlos
Old 12th June 2004, 06:44 AM   #30
Raj1 is offline Raj1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by grimberg
Hugh,

I can understand your frustration trying to decipher Carlos’ message. He e-mailed me in Portuguese, and even as a native speaker I had a hard time following his writings.

Perhaps the amp was so good Carlos now finds himself in a hostage situation with those friends of jellows, under intense pressure it can be difficult...............

Maybe we should get one of those Brazilian football commentators to talk us thru the circuit..................

Hide this!Advertise here!