AKSA just arrived here in Brazil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I feel very good... wonderfull components, very good PC Board, and secrets too. I will never discover this secret!, really i cannot understand how nobody think about that till today?

Genius!... That's the name of Hugh, i am honored to receive a hand letter, together with very well done package, clean, and strong package.

Yes, of course 300 bucks are now in Australia, not small money to me, only to North Americans, for me, this is a good money, but i am completely satisfied with the material received.

I suppose, seeing with lenses, that components where assembled and tested together, could not see thermal compound, but could see board was cleaned.. and some solder remains in solder islands... a think it travel again into flux hot solder after test, and where cleaned.

Sides are sanded and polished, like a art piece... the image, is really a bad scanner and very high amplified small board piece...5 milimeters of a little bit more.

Board is really small, my four fingers side... 4 inches maybe and squared and completely printed with components numbers and values on it. Also transistor models are printed, also all the components with some secrets there... i am sorry.... paid 300 to discover this secret..... do not now if i will betray or not Mr. Hugh..
probably not...but if this circuit sounds bad.... the bigger mouth in the earth will be oppened here... i told him that i will paid without discuss price, but if dislike i will say.

I think one of the worst people in earth to be satisfied with audio is my person..... to me, all bull S---! but, as a Psychologist, could not see no afraid in his letters, hand written secure, with very good characteristics... courage appear there, and some tradition too, not too flexible man, not a man to scream with him or spit in his feet!

I am very happy, in a matter of 10 days i will return with my own ideas related AKSA 55, yes, i paid for equipment, but not for his respect, and his manual letter telling me nice words.... this have no price to me.

Carlos

Attachments

• autograph!.jpg
    autograph!.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 395
Carlos,

Thank you for your enthusiasm - your approach reminds me of a SF story I once read of a robot which came to life in a human body. It was so blown away with being alive - you might not have a good job with a fat paycheck but you are more alive than most of us!!

I am so happy the AKSA got through. I have sent them to a number of countries and they have been 'lost' in the mail!

Enjoy the build....

Cheers,

Hugh

Hello Carlos

I´m delighted findding another diyer countryman (us, rare specimen around here) and happy for your choice. I´m also very surprise how diy folks around the world are extremely supportive and helpfull, no matter where you´re from or how skilled you are, newbie or expert. I think that´s the spirit of this worldwide forum wich inspire us to move on.

I got some experiment building Borbely Audio Servo 50 Monoblocs and BOZ preamp a couple of years ago. Next step is a Ken Perkins´ PL18/XT25 Nebula combo on a ML TL enclosure. Feel free to email anytime and keep us posted about building progress of your AKSA kid.

Best regards (e um grande abraço) :smash:

Jose Carlos
São Paulo, SP

Thank you Greg and Hugh, i will pass my birthday hearing it

In one month i will complete 53 years, this way, 44 years searching good amplifiers... taking a look at schematics, i feel that maybe i found.
I will test it deeply, with all instruments and 10 guys ears and 5 reference speakers, also headphones.
Very interesting the inovations on there...how could the people do not discover it hugh?.... You Gênius, congratulations!, magnificent idea... to much easy to the people discover...i could not, and i tryed a lot.... your pictures where deep amplified, and processed to reduce noise, your printed circuit was copie from picture, and could not capture the idea.
This remember me the day one friend put inside an radio one diode inside one resistor to make a kidding to friends....no one discover was crazy see the man measuring and inverting and not believe this was not a resistor, was a diode!!!... we roll in the floor and feel down our chairs in Petrobrás, i was working fixing Motorola handy talkies UHF and VHF as a Motorola service man inside Petrobras, receiving radios from Platforms and fixing them... 40 each day i made first year..... a lot of them fell into sea and robot took it again from 3000 meters deep Petrol platforms.

And your idea was better than the one we done, your is clear, too much clear to be discovered.

Carlos

Thank you Fardo, good to meet my people here.

I could read wonderfull english José, better than mine indian english, me go, me see...your is clear, you have been studying outside this country, probable, or some 8 year in English school.

Congratulations

Bom achar brasileiro falando por aqui, a turma não abre a boca pra não dar vexame no inglês, eu acho que é isso.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos

Greetings from Bangalore, India!

I too have an AKSA 55,(with Nirvana upgrade) built it about an year ago and enjoy listening to it..Even by Indian standards, let alone Brazilian, it is not cheap, but I think it is good value for money.

Hugh gave me excellent (and he is very prompt) tech support while constructing it.

Good luck.

George

planet10 said:

Starting earlier today, the way an attached picture behaves has changed... you now have to click on an image link & it will open in a new window... bandwidth conservation measures.

dave

Yeah, I figured that out but, for whatever reason, the images wouldn't load before I got a time-out. Now they seem to work fine.

Good idea! It's especially helpful for those of us on slow dial-ups who have been basically unable to access some of the picture-heavy threads.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.