B&O Beomaster 1600 1700 control belt?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
B&O Beomaster 1600 1700 control belt?

These recievers ( 1700 shown below) have 2 toothed belts to operate the controls, one each at either side of the reciever as seen in the picture. Does anyone know where I could get one (or more) of these belts? B&O Canada says they are no longer available. Please help me find one!

Attachments

• bm1700.jpg
    bm1700.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 95
I need the same thing and will check audio fan's recommendation Small Mechanical Components: Precision Gears, Timing Belts, Gear Assemblies, Timing Belt Pulleys, Couplings, Bearings and much more - SDP/SI

In my case, one of the belts simply broke. A clean break across the belt.
Not a terrible inconvenience, because it controls the tuning of the 6 or 7 FM "pre-sets".
I just opened up the receiver and turned the mechanical setting gears by hand until I had all the pre-sets set. Now I just press the buttons.

This said, I'd prefer to restore the original functionality.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I could use some kind of industrial strength glue (like they do for patching tires) to add a thin piece of rubber to bridge the break?

Any suggestions of what I could use appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.