Preamp Recommendations?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright, let me give you a little background on my future setup before posing the question...

Limited Budget Setup

Toshiba SD-3950 (modded) -> ART DI/O -> Preamp (for volume control) -> Woofer Amp (from rythmikaudio) + Mains amp (Sonic Impact 5066)

Alright, what I was originally planning to do was take the signal from the preamp and run it through the Subwoofer Amp's built-in line-level highpass filter, then run that signal to my Mains amp.

It occured to me that this was probably not the best solution and that it would probably be better to have two signals going from the preamp to the woofer amp and the mains amp separately (intead of "daisy chaining" everything together) and have a passive X-over for the mains instead of using the subwoofer's built-in one.

So... My question is:
First of all, would the second proposed setup even work?
And if so, are there any simple preamp designs that would allow for two sets of RCA, line-level outputs?

This will be my first "front end" project and I only know the basics of electronics so this will probably also serve as a good learning experience.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.