Charles Hansen come in please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Charles Hansen come in please£¡

Hello, Charles Hansen ,Can you recommend the best of power supply for the Erno_Borbely's

EB-2000/402 SE Balanced Jeft Lineamp?
Thank you very mach.:)

Attachments

• erno_borbely.gif
    erno_borbely.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,127
Hello -

I'm not sure why you're asking me instead of Erno Borbely. This circuit is not the kind of thing that I'd recommend. However, I can make a couple of comments:

1) The power supply rejection ratio of this circuit isn't very good, so its performance will be quite dependent on the quality of the power supply.

2) It is possible to blow the 2SJ74s used in the output stage. These are rated at 25 volts and if the circuit is running up to the clipping point, the full rail of 36 volts will be applied. You might try reducing the supply rails.

Hope this helps,
Charles Hansen

Charles Hansen, help please!

Hi, Charles Hansen,

Why do you say this in Etalon thread
If you want to get rid of the servo, I would also suggest getting rid of the error correction. In my experience you are better off just adding another pair (or two or three) of output devices. This is particularly true for this design as the triple emitter-follower output stage will be able to drive low impedance loads quite well.
I'm very interested with error correction, but your indications are not to use them. Including the comment by AndyC. I have questions.
1. Error correction can improve damping factor. Is applying error correction gives AUDIBLE difference/result (not only measurement result?)
2. I want to use error correction, but also parrareled (4 pairs) or triple emitor darlington output. Is this makes the error correction not worth it ( you compared error correction with parrareled output)
3. Please explain why you dont suggest error correction.

... sound better...

Sometimes I was asking by mail Bruce Candy, why he don't write on this forum. His answer was short ( approximately ) : " Persuaded is product, not blables ". Although I don't hear his amp, I belive in quality of his product, 'cos I'm many years using in my amps the same Hawksford's circuit.

Re: Oooooo

Wizard said:
I mean to find an excellent power supply circuit that is used in Erno_Borbely's EB-2000/402 SE Balanced Jeft Lineamp.

Since the audio circuit is zero feedback, I would also recommend using a zero feedback power supply regulator. For an example, read the thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33191&highlight=

Especially read posts #53 and #54. You will have a nice sounding regulator that way. Good luck!

Charles,

Thanks for the explenation. It seems that we are talking in a different situation. While I wanted to compare error correction still in feedback world (with parrareled outputs), you talked comparing feedback world with non-feedback world.

If you are still in feedback world, which do you prefer? Error correction or parrareled output?

Since you are in non-feedback world, I have a question that I have wondered for a long time. If I built audio power amp with Open loop gain 30X (by adjusting RC-RE for each transistor), but I put feedback so that closed loop mathematically tobe 100X, what happens? Will the amp still works in 30X gain, but it can hold DC offset like ordinary feedback amp? Will this considered tobe non-feedback amp, because closed loop is larger than open loop gain?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.