DC offset voltage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I working on finishing up my first DIY amplifier. I am building Nelson Pass's A75. It in nicly documented and I bought the PCB's from old colony.

I'm wondering what is DC offset voltage? I am adjusting the bias on the input stage per Nelson's article and he mentions the dc offset voltage should be almost zero. I thought that he ment the DC in the output but when I hook a VOM in dc mode to the output it tells me I have about 6.5v which I think is the RMS voltage of the ac that is coming out (I have a 200mV 1kHz signal on the input). The scope that I have on the output is giving just the amplified 1kHz signal. Am I on the right track here?

Any insight would be appreciated,

TIA
Greg

DC Offset Voltage

Greg,

DC offset voltage is the DC voltage between the output terminal(+)and the (-)output terminal or ground. This voltage should not be more than approx. + or - 100mV or so.
No signal should be applied to the amplifier when taking this measurement and allow the amplifier to run for 15min. or more before making adjustments.

Jam

PS. I think you will be pleasently surprised how good this amplifier sounds.

[Edited by jam on 06-11-2001 at 07:34 PM]

Thanks

Jam,

Thanks, my stupid error, I should have known! I shut off the inoput signal and got about 500mv of DC so after I I get my tranny and build the power supply, and stop using the bench power. I should be able to get it a bit lower.

BTW has anyone documented the the errors in the stuffing diagram for the Pass A75?

Thanks
Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.