What do you think of this for an AMP case ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just completed the casing in the pics to house a computer so it doesnt look out of place with my 70's HIFI gear. Looking at it now, I was thinking it would make a great DIY amp case. What do you think ? The VU's would look great as Power Meters. The Valves would be just for show..... I think. Ideas please.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 382
As a custom PC case it's both creative and unique and so cannot be wrong. A step away from the glow in the dark cases you see all over being called custom. Nice work. Do the gauges work off anything?

As an amp case....would it be functional...heatsinks etc. ?

Only thing which makes it look a bit off is that ..the faceplate you used is now placed vertically.

A way you could improve it (if you don't mind my saying)...ditch the faceplate, cut your own which you can embed in the wood, steal the hardware off the old one and attach to your new plate so it looks right side up.

Personally I'd like to use my CPU over a cd player or anything ...so something like that ..with working gauges wired to soundcard output maybe...would be a real kick.

Good stuff anyway keep it up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.