PPI Car Amplifier Repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I'm trying to repair my PPI A600 amplifier. There is some noise on my right channel that I'm trying to eliminate and replacing the transistors for the channel. I trying to figure out what to replace A1011/C2344 transistors since I can't find parts for them. I have some MCM 2N6490/2N6487 transistors if that will work? Also there are some diodes in to to-129 format on each channel and wasn't sure if I should replace those too. I inspected the other parts and they don't seem to have ay problems. Thanks

2SA1011/2SC2344 appear to be 160V 1.5A hfe=100 Ft=100Mhz devices from Sanyo

Since I feel Sanyo stuff is hard to find everywhere [maybe even in Japan? :D:D:D, not to talk about trying to get Sanyo IC datasheets :whazzat: :bawling:], I think that some valid replacements could be Toshiba 2SA1930/2SC5171 or On-Semi[Motorola] MJE15030/MJE15031

The latter On-Semi devices have somewhat different specifications than Sanyos but I'm sure they are much easier to find in USA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.