retro marantz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
taking a break from the chip amps. i had this marantz receiver that had a dead tuner the voltage regulator blew and took the tuner out. so chuck it or save the amp i cannot put my finger on it
but the sound of this old amp is great. im thinking on making a case out of old anteak wood. with a aluminum face plate and 2 big
vu meters for the front and some type of screen for the top and bottom

think it would look good retro like;)

the caps are geting replaced
its a 60watt amp

Attachments

• mvc-506f.jpg
    mvc-506f.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 505
the amp just came out of surgery looks like its going to make it

new caps and few resiters here there and re install the heat zinc
silicone was dryed up;)

i didnt build it im just tring to save it from the landfill:D

Attachments

• mvc-510f.jpg
    mvc-510f.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 416
saved em. for 15 watts it still sound good. im.going to cheat on the case a little to save time i have a aluminum case allready.
and im going to use wood for the front with the vu meters

fronts ready to cut out;)

Attachments

• mvc-516f.jpg
    mvc-516f.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 349
Marantz have some secret that i could not find where is it!

I had entire catalogue of model 2270... our friend in forum gentle offers to us to go there and have some schematics.... unfortunattelly now he is asking some money because expenses is becaming to big to keep the whole thing working.... this way you are free to download 10 Megas..... but schematics are 5 to 6 Megas some of them (hohohô).... this way, if you pay 5 Bucks no problem... can download what you want.

I made board exactly the same as Marantz made.... and, this is not normal, i gonne out into the commerce and i bougth exactly transistors they used... and i heard one 2270 model with one channel better than the other....openned i found modern transistors replacing the ones that have code numbers on it (grumpf!...grrrrrrr!).. are those more famous that toshiba stop to manufacture... do not remember names...150 Watts and 15 ampéres units.

Then i assemble, because of the bass...only the bass.... mid and highs no good for me...only bass!

I had not bass!...loose bass alike Leach amp.... then i look again and again the real amplifier to see if some diodes are germanium.. to see if resistors are really condensers.... to see if resistors measure different related the values informed, and checked whole amplifier again. could not find.

Then i go with both amplifiers, mine and Marantz real unit to laboratory.... to look wave forms, do not trust in my computer or entirely in multisim from workbench..... this way i could see that Marantz distorted a little bit more, and have some harmonics greater in Spectrum analiser....but voltages the same, differences not more than 20 percent... iddle current, bias setting the same, off set mine bigger than Marantz... could not understand...those two flat amplifiers....no difference when tone bypassed

I change input electrolitic from mine to the marantz and return home.

And i put them to work and same power with i Kilohertz signal... and flat... same speaker.... switch on to other and same music from a DVD player with higher sampling frequency....mine stay week in bass, Marantz better in bass, same speaker....

Then i change speaker.... remains the same sittuation.... then i send it again to 16 ohms.....remains the same.

My Marantz was dismounted... real Marantz returns to owners hands, and i forget marantz circuit bass because it over charge my brain too much.

Carlos

purplepeople said:
Is that an old Apple II floppy drive enclosure? Or is it an 8" drive case? I can't tell but from the comparison with the aluminum tool case on the floor which should be about 3" thick, I'd say it was an 8" drive enclosure.

:)ensen.

not sure it just had a model number on it. some kinda digital tape drive. or part of one anyway

cy-8505

http://www.pacificdata.com/cy-8705.html

If you take the paint off the alum case with a wire brush or sanding disk, you will have a higher end look. Practice on a piece of scrap first and you will see. Of course, that assumes that the case really is aluminum and not some steel alloy. If alum then it will auto-anodize after brushing. If steel, it will rust - yuk!

Nice job on the metered look.

:)ensen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.