retro marantz - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st June 2004, 01:35 AM   #11
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

last one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-514f.jpg (76.7 KB, 265 views)
Old 1st June 2004, 06:17 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Is that an old Apple II floppy drive enclosure? Or is it an 8" drive case? I can't tell but from the comparison with the aluminum tool case on the floor which should be about 3" thick, I'd say it was an 8" drive enclosure.

:)ensen.
Old 1st June 2004, 11:19 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz have some secret that i could not find where is it!

I had entire catalogue of model 2270... our friend in forum gentle offers to us to go there and have some schematics.... unfortunattelly now he is asking some money because expenses is becaming to big to keep the whole thing working.... this way you are free to download 10 Megas..... but schematics are 5 to 6 Megas some of them (hohohô).... this way, if you pay 5 Bucks no problem... can download what you want.

I made board exactly the same as Marantz made.... and, this is not normal, i gonne out into the commerce and i bougth exactly transistors they used... and i heard one 2270 model with one channel better than the other....openned i found modern transistors replacing the ones that have code numbers on it (grumpf!...grrrrrrr!).. are those more famous that toshiba stop to manufacture... do not remember names...150 Watts and 15 ampéres units.

Then i assemble, because of the bass...only the bass.... mid and highs no good for me...only bass!

I had not bass!...loose bass alike Leach amp.... then i look again and again the real amplifier to see if some diodes are germanium.. to see if resistors are really condensers.... to see if resistors measure different related the values informed, and checked whole amplifier again. could not find.

Then i go with both amplifiers, mine and Marantz real unit to laboratory.... to look wave forms, do not trust in my computer or entirely in multisim from workbench..... this way i could see that Marantz distorted a little bit more, and have some harmonics greater in Spectrum analiser....but voltages the same, differences not more than 20 percent... iddle current, bias setting the same, off set mine bigger than Marantz... could not understand...those two flat amplifiers....no difference when tone bypassed

I change input electrolitic from mine to the marantz and return home.

And i put them to work and same power with i Kilohertz signal... and flat... same speaker.... switch on to other and same music from a DVD player with higher sampling frequency....mine stay week in bass, Marantz better in bass, same speaker....

Then i change speaker.... remains the same sittuation.... then i send it again to 16 ohms.....remains the same.

My Marantz was dismounted... real Marantz returns to owners hands, and i forget marantz circuit bass because it over charge my brain too much.

Carlos
Old 1st June 2004, 11:34 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by purplepeople
Is that an old Apple II floppy drive enclosure? Or is it an 8" drive case? I can't tell but from the comparison with the aluminum tool case on the floor which should be about 3" thick, I'd say it was an 8" drive enclosure.

ensen.

not sure it just had a model number on it. some kinda digital tape drive. or part of one anyway

cy-8505

http://www.pacificdata.com/cy-8705.html
Old 1st June 2004, 12:16 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

this is what the front will look like if i can get around to finishing it
its going to have wood on it somwarez
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-517f.jpg (63.3 KB, 171 views)
Old 1st June 2004, 12:19 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default .

this or a wood face ahh the $5 case
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-519f.jpg (63.7 KB, 149 views)
Old 1st June 2004, 03:10 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

If you take the paint off the alum case with a wire brush or sanding disk, you will have a higher end look. Practice on a piece of scrap first and you will see. Of course, that assumes that the case really is aluminum and not some steel alloy. If alum then it will auto-anodize after brushing. If steel, it will rust - yuk!

Nice job on the metered look.

:)ensen.
Old 1st June 2004, 08:02 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default White is wonderfull too.

But is hard to keep it clean. When time passes it becomes yellow in my hot country.

Carlos
Old 5th June 2004, 01:26 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

lights work

not to shabby for a fast case

its missing a rivet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-523f.jpg (52.9 KB, 96 views)
Old 5th June 2004, 01:37 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Default .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-528f.jpg (60.5 KB, 86 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!