amplifiers with regulated powersupplies........?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my country we have same car tire tree names

Because Pirelli bougth those other two factories... and put their design in tires...but keep the original factories names on them... technology is Pirelli, rubber is Pirelli, but price is not Pirelli, they are cheaper than Pirelli is.

Hard to understand too. They call this Marketing.

In the reallity, if you use my schematics and hundred more do the same, in real word all of the one make copies are signed down my design.

If i prove i am the first, i can receive big money because of that..or...better, i can say i was the first, the original, the best, the criator, the only one... and this is wonderfull to sale things.

Just talking a little... cannot answer you exactly why....making friends.

finding and collecting the non frozzen ones

Carlos

My own amps have regulated power supplies for the input/driver stages and unreg output stages. It does make a difference in the solidity of the bass and the width of the soundstage. I've done reg'ed output stages but the gains were not worth the extra expense. Try it you'll like the result of regulation on the input/driver sections.

Mark

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
tbla said:
i was thinking about this subject and could only come up with 3 brands.....naim, exposure and krell - perhaps you guys can name some more.....?

:)

Although I have not really seen the schematics, I have read in ad audio magazine that the 'Classé Omega Omnicron' power amp "...uses 48 power transistors in output stages and half of them are used to regulate the power supply." This amplifier is selling at a very high price!

Personally, I have experienced the same benefit as Markp indicated for regulating the input/driver stages. I have even noticed a change in adding the "input buffer" of the output stage in the regulated section. But, so far, I have not tried to regulate the power output transistors.

Fab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.