where is modified DIGI-125?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There was lot of discussion going on regarding Digi-125 modifications. But after that there is total silence on this subject. We want to know from the people who assembled it & their views about the modifications that reallly matters most. Hope our friends will give the details along with schematics, preferably with PCB artwork.

Attention Palesha!

Some modifications, to improve, and to correct, the schematics i send you.
PC Board must make a small cut with a knife, and a small jumper with wire.

This amplifiers was a modified unit from Sony, made in the seventies, near 1980, and those time, all factories are making same thopology with some CCS, others use LEDs, other used Zenner, but thopology was this one, and works great!

This is not a perfect amplifiers, i am using it to bass, has a filter in its input, only low frequencies is passing.

Simulating is good, but real world is other thing!, so, never heard its high frequencie reproduction, this way cannot guaranteed satisfaction in high frequencies.

But i can guarantee you Palesha, the bass will shake your house!

Use 1400 square centimeters heatsink, if one foil, cut it squared from 38 by 38 centimeters, and them cut it in two parts, each one for each rail, make something alike a bird wings to reduce size and put your transistors on them, with thermal compound too...better not use insulators...directly into metal and have sure the transistors surface are flat!

Make isolation using wood, to separate heat sinks one each other and to separate them to touch metal chassis...you will have better heat transference....much better heat transference!.

Can use others black anodized, but calculate square centimeters each thin and add all them to see it can be good, if bad, put a fan on it!

And, after checked twice, related off set voltage, and current, removed protection resistors and put fuses in plus, minus, and output too.

Make your house shake!.... see glasses skidding over table, glasses shaking and be happy... if your neigthboor is noisy... this is you day.... as american says:

"Let them prove their own medicine!"

or:

"Came here to discuss, i have a shot gun to show you!"

Kidding of course... do not disturb neighboors, because they will do that to you to.]

God damned me!...Palesha and also Mahendra are woman names.... hahaha!.... i was thinking you girl!.... my girl turns into a moustache big man!!!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• palesha!.jpg
    palesha!.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 269
A matter of coincidence.

I something in this amplifier is alike some death or alive people, i guaranteed is a matter of coincidence, if values remember you some amplifier, is because with this voltage, and this thopologie you cannot scape from resistor values almost identical to more than 100 amplifiers alike it.

Mine unit is the one that have "ueristêings farenhouser system" ... and this means nothing real (hahaha), and also use wrong switches transistors, also use Eva's non oscilation system capacitor and serial resistors.

This can be a Sony, can be a Kenwood, can be a Pionner, can be a Cube, can be hundred amplifiers that used same thopology.

This amplifier was send in top secret to my friend Palesha, and you are looking into my secret plans.... so... you are wrong to see top secret material (hahaha!)

Carlos

Attachments

• boooooom!.jpg
    boooooom!.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 257
Dear Carlos,
Thank u very much for ur efforts to help me.
In the output u stage u hv used TIP142/147 which r darlington devices. In the original circuit the transistors r normal. If we put Toshiba 2SC 5200/2SA1943 pair, will it be ok. It is high current, High voltage & specially made for Audio. It is highly recommended by all here. Also it is best & latest.
But ur observation is very important in this matter. Kindly clarify.
MP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.