leach amp trouble shooting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

need help trouble shooting leach amp. One channel of a perfectly fine working amp blows output stage, zobel N/W blackened, r32,r33 burned, 15033 driver shorted .

amp working fine with 8 ohm . this happenned when using 4 ohm load. Power supply is capable and outputs are 2 pairs each.

any possibilty of oscillations existing with 4 ohms but not with 8 ohms

any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Victor

Yes, happens to me too!

By the way, Souza was my ancestral family name.... from holland people that came Brazil 1620 i suppose.... they gonne to states... they found the place today is called Manhattan.... they were Jews... and scape from here when Nassau Princip decides to return Holland... all Jewish goes to the place now Manhattan, and there made a community...long time ago.

My leach amplifier oscilates before a killed him, dismounted him because loose deep bass.

Put 22 pf capacitors every transistor.... all them.... from colector to base.

Good luck.

Carlos

Thanks Carlos,

I thought as much it is probably oscillating. However i thought that all bugs in this amp were sorted out .

I would like to know anyway if someone else on the forum faced the same problem.

P.S
I was thinkin all this while the dsouza name originated from the old portuguese who ruled goa and whereabouts in India.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.