Thinking in buy a Kit...500 bucks will fly.. and heat?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I starting to think in buy a kit to have clean boards...pretty material and good sound to test.

I have those pieces of heatsink, they were separated in two parts because i do not use insulators, better without them, also i do not sleep with pants too...not adequated to cooling.

My experience, without calculations, because i study Psychologie to scape from Mathematics, is that a squared piece of aluminium, 2 milimeters thickness, 10 centimeters side....positioned correct to convection cooling, air temperature around 29 degrees centigrades is enough to 10 watts.... so, 100 squared centimeters enough to 10 watts heatsink..... learning doing an burning!

Made those calculations and concluded that this 850 square centimeters parts (2 parts... total 1700 square centimeters) can be good to 170 watts of heat dissipation, without cooler, in normal convectional cooling position and those parts are glued with epoxi cement on wood insulators to keep positive rail separate from negative rail.... thinking in around 35 or 40 volts amplifier and power around 50 Rms.

Hello friends, and enginneers, also audioholic, audiomaniacs and whole family... will this heat sink be good?

BUT I will send it to mechanics tool to rectified surface... and will use other transistors than 2N3055 capsules...i know the holes are too big....made in sixties...i was young and with less knowledge...loose material...bad heat transfer...i know that. Surface will polish into mirror and anodized electrically, do not know color result from that.

Tell me some, please, where's a mistake?

Are there a mistake?

Carlos

Attachments

• whole base.jpg
    whole base.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 169
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.