Switching amplifier. - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2002, 02:27 PM   #31
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

I too am well aware of how to sign up for webspace and I am also not requiring any as I currently have more than i care to poke a stick at .... i believe the main problem here was the protel file format not the lack of webspace if you want to see JasonL's schematic, just open the last zip file i posted ... it's in gif format and should be easily viewable for most people.
Old 21st May 2002, 08:31 PM   #32
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Default NOOO

this amp that i have posted it a switching power supply and a fet amp it is small and compacked that is all it is not some stupid 555 ic controling a wave form

j'
Old 21st May 2002, 08:55 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

"it is not some stupid 555 ic controling a wave form"

Hey, it's not just some stupid 555, it's an LMC555! That means CMOS!

Anyways the circuit I posted is not intended to be a monster-sized amp; just a fun circuit to play with and learn some PWM fundamentals. And something you can put together with parts form the 'Shack.

Matt
Old 22nd May 2002, 04:42 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

I have a 200 watt switching amplifier that I found in book titled "Amplifier Circuits" by Rudolf F Graf.

Class-J amplifiers looks much better in specs, efficiency, cost, weight, and input medium. Since DVDs are becoming more popular, audio world is trying to convert over to digital. No clipping and no need of a huge power supply to power this class. However, the manufacture that invented Class-J amplifiers only selling them to licensed manufactures.

Quote:
i dont need webspace i have 3 servers that i can use but i choose not to rght now..
I don't need three servers. I also don't need a huge bulky case to host my site that I only need less than 20 megabytes. I think using a PIC microcontroller as a web server is more stable and it can last a lifetime. No moving parts.

Quote:
...not some stupid 555 ic controling a wave form
I can make a more sophicated switching amplifier instead of using 555 timers. When you only got a 555 timer in your junk box, you have to deal with it. A CMOS 555 timer can handle up to 2 MHz. Radio Shack doesn't have a CMOS 555 timer. I can use a CMOS 4011 quad NAND chip or inverters as a square wave generator. A PIC microcontroller can also generate square waves but I don't have that either.
Old 22nd May 2002, 01:18 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

For any others out there like me 'Shack has cmos 556's. (I like to make 'science fair' level projects - I have to make 'real' audio video products every day for my job, so this simplistic level is fun for me)

I totally agree with everyone else here, there are much better ways to do this than use 555's. A much better solution would be to get a TI eval kit (or some other Semi's solution). This would work much better.

As far as a custom solution - any software-capable person should be able to handle this (that doesn't include me) - what about Cypress's PSOC? You could do volume control, PWM, led control, etc. from one chip?

Matt

Hide this!Advertise here!